24: Should Be Alright

THIRD PoV

It wasn't clear which was more deafening; The crumbling and collapsing of the base, or the screams. The screams; muffled and obscured by the debri encasing them in a tomb of destruction.

The heroes who escaped screamed. They screamed as they saw their companion taken by his own doing.

"We have to go back."

"Tony, he's gone." The assassin adorned her mask, because if anything were to break, she would rather it be her mask than her heart.

"No. No. He's alive."

"Tony..."

"No! Don't you tell me that he is not alive! Don't you tell me that he's gone!" The Uncle jabbed an accusing finger towards the assassin, as his eyes watered and voice cracked. "Don't you tell me that he's gone."

"We need to get them out out of here." The assassin turned to the two unconscious forms.

"Fine. Go. But I'm not leaving without him."

"Tony-" The captain attempted to console his friend, trying to bite back his own emotions.

"No, Steve. I'm not giving up on him. He's okay. I'm gonna find him, and he's gonna be okay. Don't you give up on him, too." His voice shook, and tears trailed down his face.

They began to search, and beneath the concrete, a boy lay still, unmoving.

Pain. Pain. Pain.

Immobilizing pain.

Time was irrelevant. Everything was irrelevant. It could have been only seconds, though it felt like days.

It hurt to breathe. Why breathe if it hurt?

So he drifted away. The concrete prison around him faded from existence. He was no longer under the concrete, but a different stone.

If I ever leave this world alive, I'll thank you for the things you did in my life

He was walking, walking. The people in line pushed him on, and on. As if they knew he would have to outrun the Fate that was reaching for him.

If I ever leave this world alive, I'll come back down and sit beside your feet tonight

Something wasn't right.

Wherever I am you'll always be, more than just a memory

Something wasn't as it should be.

If I ever leave this world alive

What was out of place?

If I ever leave this world alive, I'll take on all the sadness that I left behind

He was going to his fallen companions.

If I ever leave this world alive, the madness that you feel will soon subside

The living companions would live on.

So in a word don't shed a tear, I'll be here when it all gets wierd

He would await them.

If I ever leave this world alive