55: Before I Die (pt. 2)

THIRD POV

The demigods and Avengers mowed down the HYDRA agents in their path. Annabeth was on comms with them, giving directions to Tony's location. The SHIELD agents quickly joined in the battle, and the base was in chaos. The demigod's powers were wreaking havoc, the Hulk was smashing things, The Avengers were on a mission, and SHIELD had their own. HYDRA was desperately trying to defend itself, but the tide was rolling in. 

Suddenly a huge blast shook everything. Those who were outside saw a blinding light. The mortals were lucky that the sphere protected them.

"What was that?" Steve demanded.

"That was the plan." Annabeth replied, and chewed at her lip.

"So, did he win?" Clint asked as he loosed an explosive arrow.

"Not yet." Annabeth answered, looking warily towards the sphere, where onlookers couldn't see inside. The only idea that she had as to what was happening was that nothing had gone wrong so far. 

The crew plowed forward. The Avengers (especially Natasha and Clint) were used to death, were used to the idea that they might or would kill someone. The demigods seemed unfazed, and that might scare the avengers more than the HYDRA agents attacking them. 

Those around Clarisse seemed to lose their minds and charge blindly. Those around Thalia seized before collapsing, or fell from an arrow or dagger wound. Leo left behind fire and conveniently malfunctioning tech. Around Nico the shadows grew, and the dead rose from the earthquake cracks, agents withered as though their soul was leaving them lifeless- a scratch was all it took. 

Finally, they reached the room, but Tony wasn't there. They cursed, realizing he'd been relocated. Natasha found a computer and yelled at Leo to hack it, Annabeth doing her best to help from above. 

Calypso gave a shout as the aircraft was boarded. Annabeth leapt out of her seat to fight the new coming agents. She pulled her spare dagger and drakon bone blade, and leapt at the agents. Calypso barely managed to use magic to deflect the bullets. The two women worked together to try to hold back the agents. 

Annabeth took care of a few before she lost her dagger. Another one before she lost the drakon bone blade. Annabeth tried to fend them off, but quickly joined Calypso in being pinned to the floor. She struggled against the agent atop her, and smacked him in the face. Light from the dashboard hit her ring, and she felt a power within it. 

With a yell, the ring seemed to ignite with power, and the agent who's face had been in contact with her hand went flying, knocking down a few of his comrades like a bowling ball to pins. Annabeth scrambled to her feet, and her hand seemed to be encased in an orb of a silvery blue tinted glow. Like the sea under the moon. She touched her other hand to the orb, and both hands were alight with magic. 

Her fists were more powerful. But she also found out pretty quickly that the magic was adaptable. If she wanted a shield, it made a shield. Dagger, spear, garotte, quarterstaff. Whatever her instincts said she needed, the magic responded. 

The winning side on the aircraft quickly changed and the agents had no chance as Calypso got the hang of combat magic and Annabeth mastered her ring. The hardest part after that was probably shoving the bodies out with magic.

The crew demanded to know why they had stopped responding so suddenly, and it only took a moment to reply that it had been handled, she'd explain later. Though the women had won at the aircraft, their companions were beginning to get overwhelmed inside the base. That was until a hot rainbow struck the ground, singing the earth.

Lightning crackled, and a hammer flew into the enemy ranks. "Thor's here." Annabeth announced over the comms. A cheer resounded in reply. Thor decimated the enemy ranks as he tried to figure out where his companions were- After all, Heimdall had told him that they needed help.