Chapter 3

I lay on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. His eyes keep flashing through my memory. I close my eyes, I hope that's not starting up again. I never felt better to get away from it and now. I don't think I can handle the damage that comes with that. I hear a knock on the door and I look over at who opened it.

"Hey, Sweetie. How was your day?" Mom asks. I look back up at the ceiling, not wanting to replay the day with words or images in my head.

"It was," I say, trying to find the right word.

"It was what?" Mom asks, her right hand holding the door frame while her left hand gently grasps the handle. Bad, no. Well, it was a mix of okay and bad.

"It was okay but there is also some stuff that I'm not very fond of," I explain.

"Like what?" she asks. I look at my Mom and notice how happy she looks. This was the first time in a while that I said my day was okay instead of eh, or my gritting my teeth. I don't want to worry her that I might be seeing things again.

"Nothing important," I say, not wanting her to worry.

"Well that's good, I guess. Dinner will be ready in a few, okay?" Mom says, smiling.

"Okay," I say. She closes the door and I sigh. *TAP* TAP* I look to my window, sitting up and resting my feet against the floor. *TAP* TAP* TAP* I slowly get up, walking to the window. I grab the dagger that I had in the hands of a dragon on my desk. I just got it today, after school. I wanted to get something just in case if what I saw wasn't my mind fucking with me. *TAP* *TAP* I rest against the wall with the window on my right. I slowly turn my head and look out at the road. I sigh, noticing Lizzy with her nose wrapped up. Standing behind her is the girls I took down earlier, but I can see they are shaking with fear, making me smirk. You may try to look tough but I know you're scared. I put my dagger back and I open the window. I climb out and jump down, landing on my feet with my back slightly bent. I cross my arms and look at them.

"If it's a fight you want, then just to warn you. I won't hold back. Earlier I was using MOST of my strength," I say. I'm not really in the mood to fight but if I can convince them I'll fight back harder, then maybe I can get them to leave. Though if they don't back down, I'll fight back.

"Fine," Lizzy says, with a smug look on her face. Exhibit A of why I hate people. Lizzy raises her fists and swings a punch at me. I duck and swing my right leg, colliding it with her ankles. She falls to the ground and I swing a punch at her face. She grabs my fist and kicks me with her heel. I got the wind knocked out of me and I choke, trying to breathe. She chuckles and swings her foot at my face. I grasp her heel, bending it back making it snap off. She scoffs and her face became red with rage. I get up and raise my leg, kicking her in her stomach, knocking her down. I look at her back up and they look scared. But one got the courage to run up to me. She swings her fist and I dodge, grabbing her wrist and bicep. I swing her and let go. Since she was still a little off balance, I grab her calve and pull her down. Lizzy gets back up and she glares at me.

"Riley, plan B," Lizzy says. A girl with long red hair and blue eyes walks up to Lizzy, handing her a lighter.

"I guess we'll finish what we started the day before yesterday," Lizzy says. My eyes widen. Lizzy grabs her bag and pulls out a bottle with a cloth hanging out of it. She lights it and throws it at me. It explodes lighting some of the front lawn on fire. She pulls out another one and hands it to another girl. She pulled out 2 more and they circle me.

"Die, Witch," Lizzy says as they throw it at me. It explodes missing me by centimeters. The fire surrounds me, and I go to step back, but my back ignites on fire. I scream, falling down.

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!" I yell. I hear the front door swing open and I guess my Mom ran out. She sees the girls.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" she yells. They ran off and Mom pulls me out. She grabs off her apron and pats out the fire. I feel tears race down my cheeks. Mom runs into the house and comes back out with her cellphone.