Chapter 9

We drive in two separate cars. I grip the wheel tightly. Mom is gripping onto Ryan's hand. Mating and conceiving a child with the enemy is a major offense.

"Amy, calm down," Ryan says. I grit my teeth, those fucking bastards. Laughing and all the pain of the past pours through me.

You should die emo freak!

Did your Dad commit suicide to get away from you?

Go make yourself useful and cut your wrists.

"AMELIA!" I feel my body pull over to the side of the road. I feel control over my body again. I look to see Mom huffing.

"It has been a while since I possessed someone," Mom says. My wrists start to burn. I hiss and hold them close to my chest. Mom's eyes widen as she realizes why.

"Your scars didn't heal yet? Even with the transformation?" Mom asks. Ryan sucks in his breath, afraid to think he knows what Mom meant by "scars." He grabs my wrist and pulls me to the back seat.

"I'll drive," Mom says as she climbs in the front seat. She follows where Evelyn is going. Ryan pulls up my sleeves, really looking at my scars. Anger and hurt radiate off his body. He towers over me and his eyes fade black. I change to my demon form and place my lips to the crook of his neck.

"I would have told you, but I didn't want to-" I say but Ryan growls.

"Just stop! You should have told me those mother fuckers drove you to the edge!" Ryan growls. I kiss his lips, not wanting to have him feel this way. I place his hand on my stomach.

"But I didn't feel the need ever since we became mates. You and our children are my rock, my lifeline, and my clarity. As long as I have you and them, these scars are just from previous battles. You fix me and healed me. Our children are going to be an addition to my motivation," I explain.

Ryan hugs me tight, then he looks at my wrists again. He kisses them and then the car swerved. We flip everywhere and then crash into the nearest tree. The car is upside down. I slowly get up, all bloody and glass everywhere. I look to Mom to see something that made me break apart.

"Mom? Mom? Wake up. Wake up, please? PLEASE?!" I cry, holding her in my arms. I cry and wail louder than a banshee. Ryan tries to pull me back but I hold onto Mom.

"MOM! MOM! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UUUPPP!" I scream. Evelyn pulls over and she opens rips off the car door. She pulls out Mom and Cameron pull out Ryan and I. I hold onto Mom and I search for a pulse. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. My body trembles and shakes. I look up to the sky, screaming.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed, punching the ground. I hear chuckling and I turn to see other demons and vampires. All are dressed in cloaks. I grit my teeth, clenching my fists. I look at Evelyn and Cameron.

"Go protect Lily and Greg, I'll deal with these bastards," I hiss.

I change into demon form and growl at them. They took my Mom away from me, they tried to take the lives of my mate and unborn babies. They'll pay big time. I slowly walk to them. I look to see how many opponents I have. I see 9 females and 10 males. 11 are demons and 8 are vampires. I close my eyes, letting my power build up. I feel more powerful, more flexible, and more deadly.

"Page, Tristan, Alexis, Robert, Evan, Eva, Lisa, Allen, Winston, Angela, Parker, and I, Exavier, will bring you, Amelia Grace Fray, to the Demon Council for treason," a man with white hair and buff muscles states.

"Ella, William, Tyler, Dawn, Faith, Gage, Kyle, and I, Sapphire, will bring you, Ryan James Layne, to the Vampire Council for treason," a girl with black hair says. Ryan holds my hand while he is in vampire form. The Council Members grow wings, making my eyes grow wide. We can fucking fly?! I feel wings grow from my shoulder blades and Ryan does the same. I kiss his cheek and we get to work. I fly to Exavier and launch my nails through his chest.

"And I, Amelia, will bring you to hell," I whisper in his ear, ripping out his heart. Shrieks tear through the air, making me surrounded. A girl with blonde hair flies to me.

"I'm guessing you're Ella," I growl, kicking her into the air. She screams and I grab her throat. Her eyes stare into me as she possesses me. My power goes to the maximum and I damage her soul. She goes back into her body and I punch her into the ground.

"You're going to die for betraying your kind!" Ella screams.

"I'm not a heartless demon, unlike you assholes!" I yell, ripping her heart out. 2 down, 9 to go. Two demons, red hair girl and brown hair guy, grab my arms bringing me to my knees. A man with grey hair walks up to me. I possess him and snap his neck, ripping out his heart. Then I jump into the redhead, doing the same. I go back into my body and plunge my hand into the guy's chest, ripping out his heart. Alright, down to 6. I see Ryan struggling to fight off two guys. I fly up to them, ripping out their hearts. I snap their necks and look to Ryan.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, just got 4 more to go," Ryan says. I chuckle until I get picked up by my hair. I kick the person in the stomach and then kick him or her into a tree. I fly to see a chick and another guy was behind me, grabbing my waist.

"Come on baby. Ditch the vamp and hang with a real man," he says. I chuckle, bringing my wings back into my body. Then I plunge them in his chest. He falls backward and I rip out his heart. Then I finish the girl. I see a girl and 3 guys. They walk up to me and then 2 guys grab my arms and the girl holds my head. A guy with blonde hair walks up to me. The girl has red hair and the guy on my right has black hair and the other has brown hair.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. You've been very naughty Amelia. Your father is disappointed," he says. My eyes widen as he mentions my father. I growl fight to get out of their grip. He grabs my cheeks and his gaze hardens.

"You didn't know that your father pretended to commit suicide so he could be apart of the Demon Council," he states.

"You're lying! JUST SHUT UP!" I scream.

I feel my soul leave my body as I plunge my hand through his chest, ripping his heart out through the other side of him. I pull my hand out and I turn to see the demons' eyes are wide as they drop my body.

"She - SHE HOLDS THE POWERS OF LADY CRISTIANA!" the girl yells. All went quiet and they stare to Ryan. Fear and terror roll off of the Council Members.

"Could he be the reincarnation of Lord Cheshire?" a bunch of council members whispers and then they screamed.

"RETREAT! RETREAT!" all shout. I look to Ryan as I go back into my body. I feel a bunch of energy left from me as I fall. Ryan catches me in his arms. I see Evelyn get out of the car, eyes wide.

"Who's Lady Cristiana?" I ask weakly. Evelyn walks over and she looks at me. It's as if she is studying something.

"Oh my god! You do hold the features of Lady Cristiana. Ryan, you also have the features of Lord Cheshire. Hurry and get in the car," Evelyn says. I lay in the backseat of the van next to Ryan. Cameron starts to drive as Evelyn sighs and starts to explain.

"Lady Cristiana was a demon. It was said in the ancient legend that Lady Cristiana was the first demon chosen to mate with a vampire. That vampire was Lord Cheshire. They met at a ball, looking for a worthy husband to marry and bed Lady Cristiana. She was supposed to marry a demon, but when they met, they fell in love. They had a beautiful daughter and a handsome son. Though when news reached the kingdoms of Carlyn, Lady Cristiana's homeland, and Styphoryte, Lord Cheshire's homeland, the war began. The endless war that was from the dawn of time. They went to the Head Council of Witches to make a demon and vampire mates and one pair to be their reincarnation to break the war and bring peace to both races," Evelyn explains."I thought my inner self said that we are not reincarnations of those in the past," I state.

"Cause the vampire and demon mates are never to be their reincarnation. But now you and Ryan are the key to stop this war," Evelyn explains.

"But what did they mean by the powers of Lady Cristiana?" Ryan asks.

"Lady Cristiana had the power to walk as a soul but attack as if she had flesh. She could attack you but you couldn't attack her in that state. Though, Lord Cheshire had a unique power. He could take on the form of a demon and possess the power of possession as well. Not only do you control opponents with your mind but you can wear them as a puppet," Evelyn explains.

I close my eyes, feeling like someone is trying to talk to me from the same place I used to talk to Amy.