Fifty Two

"Young man, you're grounded for a week"

"Dad!" Jimin whined. "I already said I didn't do anything wrong!"

"You were in detention for an hour, clearly you had a punishment for something. This will just make sure you know not to ever do it again"

Jimin frowned and got up out of his chair. "I already— ugh! I've got plans this week, you can't ground me now"

"I suppose those plans are with Yoongi, huh?" His father raised a brow and Jimin knew exactly what he was thinking.

"He's not some thug dad, you met him and you saw how nice he was! This was just a one time thing..."

"You're still grounded. I won't let you go out with him until you've learnt your lesson. You can canoodle some other time. I'm sure his parents will be the exact same as me."

"No ones the same as you! You're so unfair!" Jimin yelled, tears in the corner of his eyes. With that he stomped out the room, passed his parents and ran upstairs to his bedroom.
He slammed the door shut and threw himself onto the bed, letting out a loud groan.

He can't believe his dad didn't listen to him. Jimin had kept telling him he wasn't involved in the fight but the man didn't listen to him. The fact Jimin had one detentions his record was crossing the line for his father.

Now he couldn't even go to the movies with Yoongi — again!!!

This time it wasn't even his fault. Jimin was looking so forward to this movie date but yet again something is stopping him. Did God hate him?

He can't bail on Yoongi again, surely? The two of them even planned it out more thoroughly this time. They set a time and a date and decided what movie they were seeing and what they would eat— how could Jimin pull himself out of this one?

Jimin suddenly wondered if he went over board back there. Did he get a little too mad? If his father wasn't angry enough with him before he will be now, since he blatantly yelled at him and stormed away. But he couldn't help it! His father was so frustrating, he could be so strict sometimes for no reason. One little detention (which he only got for suggesting softer punishment for his boyfriend) wasn't the end of the world was it? Would his dad be that ashamed of him having such a record?

Whatever, Jimin thought. He scowled at the wall in hope it would release some frustration.

I'm gonna see Hyung no matter what.

He can't stop me.

***

"I can't believe you guys got a detention and he got nothing!" Taehyung glaring across the lunch hall to where Sungwoon was lining up for his lunch.

"Yeah he should have been there and not you" Hoseok said.

"Well if it wasn't for Jimin, I would have been in detention all week" Yoongi chuckled as he turned towards his boyfriend with a smile. "Only problem is that he had to be there too"

"It wasn't that bad" Jimin shrugged and continued eating, despite remembering how obviously nervous he was to begin with.

Across the table Seokjin let out a deep sigh and clasped his hands together. "I'm so glad you guys are back together, happy again, reminding us how single life is."

Everyone turns to him in confusion, apart from Namjoon who began eating faster.

"Huh?" Jimin asked, cocking his head to the side. "I thought you and...." he trailed off as everyone then faced Namjoon, who was clearly avoiding eye contact with everyone. Jimin only just realised the two weren't actually sitting together.