Fifty Four

He thought he made it in silently.

He thought he was successful in sneaking out and back in again without anyone noticing.

Oh how he was wrong.

Jimin was currently being scolded in the kitchen for not only creeping out the house without telling them and when he's not supposed to but also because when they checked on him, his parents got extremely worried.

"Do you know how serious this is, Jimin?!" His father yelled, making the boy flinch in his seat at the dinner table. His mother was standing behind the counter, watching from behind.
"First of all, you're grounded mister! What did I say you can't do? Go out! Just for a week, only for a week! Second, we had no clue where you were! Somebody could have broke in and kidnapped you for all we knew! Or while you were out having such a good time with your boyfriend, you could have gotten hurt and we wouldn't have known about it."

"Ok, that's enough, let him talk." His mother interrupted before the man said anything else, or even exploded.

Jimin sat chewing on his bottom lip with his hands in his lap as he stared down at the table cloth. One thing he hated; to be shouted out.

He welled up with tears as his father lectured him, drops felt from his cheeks onto the table.

"I-I only went to t-the cinema.."

"That doesn't matter now, does it!"

Jimin hung his head further in shame. "I-I'm so-sorry. I w-was just.."

"Just what? Huh?"

"I was angry" Jimins muttered, but it sounded honest. He looked up to meet his fathers eyes who stared sternly back. "You g-grounded me for something I-i didn't do"

"I grounded you to teach you a lesson"

His mother jumped in again, this time she walked round to her son and rested her hands on the back of his chair. "Alright boys, I think that's enough for tonight. Jimin, go upstairs and I'll be with you in a second"

After a small hesitation, Jimin quickly pushed out his chair and rushed up to his bedroom. He threw off his clothes and replaced them with comfier ones before he slumped down onto his bed.

He contemplated getting in bed and pretending he was asleep so he wouldn't have to talk to his mother, but before he could decide on what to do, his mother had already opened the door to his room.

"Jimin" she said as she stood by the door. Jimin briefly met eyes with her before his eyes fell back to the floor. She closed the door behind her and sat down next to her son in silence. Neither of them spoke, there was long pause until his mother wrapped her arm around the boy. Jimin sucked on his bottom lip, trying to hold back the tears, as he leant his head on his mothers shoulder.

"'m sorry" he sniffled quietly.

"its ok, sweetie, I get it"

Jimin wasn't sure if his mother really did 'get it', but he was grateful that she wasn't shouting at him right now.

"just please tell us before you're going out next time, please?" she planted a kiss on top of his head, something that calmed jimin. "You're father only got angry because he cares about you, you know that right?"

"yeah.. I know"

"He just doesn't want anything bad happening to you. And I get him grounding you was silly but he did it for a reason. You know how he is. If you are grounded, please just do as we say honey. not only does it make your life easier, but it makes mine easier too. He gets mad at me too" She chuckled at the last bit and Jimin did the same, just a bit.