Someday

March, 2018 | Ginza, Japan

A huge sigh, a wide stretch and a look around the hotel room. This has been Lou's routine every time she reaches her temporary home. She took off her high heels and padded to the overlooking window of her hotel room. She absentmindedly stared at the tall buildings clustered in the overpopulated city she is now in.

She heaved another sigh as she went to change from her glamorous dress to her simple white shirt and distressed jeans. She's tired. She knows she is, but this is the only way that will let her forget. This is the only way she knows that will occupy her mind for a few hours enough to let her function.

She took her phone from her bag and checked her messages. She smiled as she saw the notifications from her best friend.

"Hoy Loka magparamdam ka naman!"

"IpapaFBI na talaga kita pag hindi ka pa nagparamdam!"

"Babatukan talaga kita pag nakita kita"

"Lou lou..."

"Lou lou..."

"Please call me and let me know you're ok."

She dialed her bestfriend's phone number.

"P***** I** Lou Lou!!! Bakit ngayon ka lang tumawag?" her best friend screamed through the phone.

Lou put away her phone from her ears as she laughed.

"Eh anong magagawa ko eh sobrang busy sa shows. You know how it is." she explained.

"I know, I know. How are you though?" her best friend's tone changed to worried.

"OK lang ako Jach. You know me. I'll be fine! Matatag to eh." Lou tried to make her voice sound cheery.

"Sus totoo ba?" Jach said. Lou heard someone calling her friend from the other line.

"Oh tinatawag ka na busy ka ata eh. I'll just call you later. Love you!" Lou hurriedly cut the line. She knew that she needed to talk with her, just not right now. She's alone and she knows that she'll definitely breakdown once the topic is opened up.

She looked at her phone clock. 8:00 PM. She grabbed her wallet and left. She walked through the intersection until she reached a quiet street and entered the small bar which she frequented since she arrived in Japan.

The bartender gave her a small smile and went to mix her drink. She looked at the bartender while his attention was elsewhere. He is handsome. He has an angelic face which she knew girls will line up for. It was obvious that he has Caucasian blood. She knew because she worked with plenty of people with similar features. He would suit modeling she thought.

He handed her the usual drink that she regularly orders. He does not try to converse with her anymore since the third day that he tried to and she just gave him a small smile. She was not in the mood then. How she wished he would try again though. She needs someone to talk to or she'll go crazy. She glanced at the bartender again and finished her drink. She put the money on the counter and left the bar.

She walked aimlessly through the streets of Ginza. It is a very beautiful place. She would love to come back here again someday. Someday, when she will be able to appreciate beauty again. Someday, when she will not be hurting anymore.