Conquering Fears

Manila, Philippines

Restless. She can hear the clock ticking every second. She shook her arms trying to bring her senses back. She looked at her phone. 10:00 AM she had been lying down her bed for the past 2 hours. Bored. That is what she is at the moment. Simply bored. She looked at her phone again and texted someone.

'Kuya Yam. Asan ka na?' Lou typed.

30 minutes passed and no one replied. She called instead.

'Hello?' Yamyam answered from the other line.

'Kuya Yam! Bakit ang tagal mo?' Lou whined.

'Eh sa trapik eh anong magagawa ko? Kasi naman may pa 'I'm craving for binatog' ka pang nalalaman' Yamyam answered mimicking her fake Beverly-Hills-White-Girl accent.

Lou laughed at Yamyam's tirade. 'Sorry Kuya alam mo namang time of the month nanaman.'

'Naku kung hindi ko lang alam na nagtu-turn into a monster ka pag meron!' Yamyam said.

'Sige na text mo na lang ako pag andito ka na. Pupunta muna ako kina Fumiya.' Lou said feeling bad for her Kuya Yamyam.

'Sige ikamusta mo ako sa hapon! Doon na lang ako pupunta kung wala ka pa dyan sa Condo mo pagdating ko.' Yamyam said before hanging up the phone.

Lou stared at the ceiling feeling restless again. She hated these kind of moments because thoughts that she tried to erase keeps on showing up on her mind.

"I'm sorry Lou. I tried to forget her pero I just can't." Justin took her hands.

Lou just stared at her hands softly held in his. She longed for this. A romantic gesture. 'He can't even say that he tried to love me. All this time it was all about the Ex.' Lou thought as she kept her head down trying to keep the tears away.

"I swear I thought that I will feel different after a while but I just can't help it. I still love her." Justin explained again.

Lou slowly pulled her hands away from Justin's grasp then plastered a smile on her face bravely looking at the man she thought is different.

"It's okay." She bravely said not letting any evidence of weakness show up. "I'm okay. Thank you for trying." She said before leaving.

"Can we still be friends?" Justin called out to her retreating back.

'Ouch.' Lou thought. "Of course." She said without looking back then continuing her exit.

"Aaahhh!" Lou shouted frustratedly. "Ano ka ba naman Lou! Uso ang mag move-on!" She said to herself while finally getting up and getting ready. She took her guitar and went to Fumiya's apartment.

Andre is excited to finally give his pasalubongs. It had been 3 days since he came back to Manila but he has not seen Lou yet. The last time that he went to Fumiya's apartment, he learned that Lou has some job to do and will be busy for the next few days. He has to admit he was a bit disappointed when he learned that. Today, Fumiya texted him that Lou will be visiting his apartment and like a fool he quickly texted back that he'll be there as well using the pasalubongs as an excuse for his sudden visit.

Andre knocked at Fumiya's door. When the door finally opened, his eyes subtly tried to find the reason of his excitement and again got disappointed when he couldn't find it, or rather her. Fumiya looked at him intently.

"Lou went out with her guitar. I think she went to the rooftop." Fumiya said. Leaving Andre standing awkwardly at the doorway.

"Eyyy. I didn't come here for Lou. I came here to see you." Andre said clapping Fumiya at the back.