Ducky

Manila, Philippines

"Bato Bato Pik" Yamyam drew out scissors while Andre drew out stone.

Lou sighed in disappointment. They are playing for the last slice of pizza. She thought that if Kuya Yamyam wins then she can ask him for the other half since he had been complaining of his stomach aching and she can use that to her advantage, but alas Andre won. She stared at the last slice of pizza now being removed out of the box by Andre soon to be devoured never to be seen again. She pouted at the thought.

Andre was about to bite the slice of pizza when he caught sight of a pouting Lou. A giggle threatened to burst out from his mouth because of how cute she is. He motioned for her to come closer to him using the slice of pizza as a bait.

"You want?" Andre asked Lou who is still staring at the slice of pizza.

Lou quickly nodded.

"One bite?" Andre asked again.

Lou quickly nodded again still enthralled by the promise of pizza. She really wanted that slice since she had been on a diet for a whole week now.

"You sure?" Andre asked again smiling widely now. A wicked thought came into his mind.

Lou enthusiastically nodded again.

"You're coming with me later then?" Andre asked again.

Lou nodded not comprehending what she just agreed into.

Satisfied, Andre handed her the slice of pizza. "You can have it all. Just don't forget our plans later. I'll pick you up at 7." With that Andre left her saying his goodbyes to both Yamyam and Fumiya and saluting Lou.

It finally dawned on Lou what Andre meant and she just stared at his retreating back.

"Oh Lou bakit ikaw na kumakain niyan? Pati ba naman si Andre inaagawan mo ng pagkain?" Yamyam asked when he came back to the living room and saw her munching absentmindedly at the slice of pizza.

"Hoy binigay to sakin no walang pilitang naganap." She retorted.

"Aysus wala nga ba?" Yamyam said in a teasing tone.

Lou then remembered Andre's last words. 'Wala naman talagang pilitan ah. Lokohan meron.' She thought. 'Ano nanaman kayang binabalak nun?' For the last few weeks, she learned how random Andre is. He does whatever whims he has at the moment, no ifs no buts.

"Type ka talaga ni Andre eh." Yamyam said while cleaning up the empty pizza box.

"Oo nga." said Fumiya bringing in iced teas from the kitchen.

"Wait what do you mean?" Fumiya asked Yamyam once he put the glasses on the table.

"I said si Lou. Andre like her di ba." Yamyam explained pointing at the door then to Lou.

"Oh yeah. Yeah! I think Andre to Lou is konti real love talaga." Fumiya agreed.

"Tumigil nga kayong dalawa dyan." Lou said throwing pillows at the two.

Fumiya and Yamyam laughed while Lou walked to the kitchen with her iced tea.

"So we just wait, for the time..." Yamyam said while following Lou to pacify her.

"For the time..." Fumiya agreed.

Lou is facing a dilemma. For the first time in her life, she is uncertain what to wear. She had been trying on different outfits for the date. She quickly shook her head. "Hindi date ito Lourdes. Wala naman siyang sinabing date hindi ba?" she said to herself while picking up a pair of jeans and a dress. "Gala gala lang ito. Tambay tambay ganun." She convinced herself and picked up her usual white top and jeans. She had never assumed that a guy liked her before and will not start now. She admits that she does felt kilig whenever Andre does random sweet things like opening up her canned drinks for her, giving up the last piece of food and complimenting her everytime they hang-out. She thinks that he is just a genuinely nice person to everybody and his gestures to her wasn't something special.