A New Friend

April, 2018 | Ginza, Japan

'Another day another dollar.' Lou thought as she laid down on the couch and stared at the ceiling. Her job here is almost done. She has been working on a fashion launch of a famous designer for the past month and it has helped a lot in diverting her attention from her heartbreak. Yes, a heartbreak. She can finally acknowledge it. The past few weeks had been very hard for her but she has no choice but to move on. Alam naman niya noon pa na may possibility na isa lang siyang 'rebound'. So ayun na nga, the guy went back to his then ex-girlfriend and left her hanging. She can't blame anyone. In fact, she is happy for them. Its just that she didn't think that it would hurt this much. She looked at her phone and found their last photo together. She deleted the photo signifying the start of her finally moving on. That's when her stomach chose to growl.

"Ayan na nga eh. Idaan na lang natin sa kain yan Lou-Lou." She said to herself.

She left for the small Ramen place that she saw while out on her random walks. She had been going in that Ramen place for the last 2 weeks. She also stopped going to the bar. Alcohol will not change anything. She entered the restaurant and the jolly worker greeted her which immediately brought a smile to her face.

"Konbanwa!" Fumiya, the restaurant owner's son automatically greeted but when he saw her, he immediately went to her to give her a high five.

"Oh Rou-Rou! Kamusta ka? Magandang gabi di baaa??" Fumiya's loud crow laugh followed his tagalog litany. He looks so proud of himself.

"Kamusta Humi-Humi!" Lou joined in the laugh as both of them jumped around hands clasped like little kids who were just given toys.

When they finally calmed down, Fumiya let Lou sit on her usual spot by the window.

"You know what, I just created a new flavor Ramen. I'll let you try. Tell me if masarap di ba." Fumiya left for the kitchen.

Lou's smiling gaze followed the young man. She found a very unexpected friend in Fumiya. The first time she went in this restaurant, she was feeling so down and lonely. She thought she was going crazy because she often talked to herself.

"Hay nako Lou-Lou tigilan mo na nga yang kakadrama." She said to herself once again while the restaurant worker served her Ramen.

The worker stared at her for a moment making her uncomfortable.

"What?" She said.

"Is there something wrong with my face?" She's not even sure if he can understand her.

"Eh, are you Filipino?" The worker suddenly asked her. She just nodded in response.

"Oh my Gas! A real Filipino. I love Philippines!" The worker excitedly told her. Lou finally smiled.

"I wanted to go to the Philippines because I love Philippines di ba? I'm going to start vlogging and go to Philippines taraga..." The worker never stopped talking about his love for the Philippines and Lou just listened while eating her Ramen. His excitement is contagious and Lou felt happy again after a long time.

When the worker finally got tired of telling all kinds of ideas for his vlog.

"Oh my Gas! I'm sorry taraga kasi I'm excited di ba!" The worker said with matching hand actions.

"That's okay." Lou smiled. She finished eating a while ago but she could listen to this young man talking for hours.

"Oh yeah. Ako si Fumiya!" The young man offered his hand to Lou.

Lou stood up and offered her hand to Fumiya "Ako si Lou." Lou copied Fumiya's tone.

"Oh my Gas! You're so tall taraga!" Fumiya marveled. Making Lou smile once again.

After that first meeting, Lou started coming to the restaurant every day. Everyday, Fumiya will also make her eat his new "creations". He likes making different kinds of Ramen and Lou will tell him if it is good or not. With this, they became good friends. She also had a chance to tell Fumiya her story. She did not expect that he could be serious and give sound advice. She realized that her friend is really smart and he is for keeps. Too bad that she is leaving Japan soon. She hopes that they could still stay in contact.

"Konbanwa!" She heard Fumiya greet another person who just came in.

"Oh Andore! Ogenkides!" Fumiya said when he saw the person. He put Lou's Ramen on her table and immediately went to the other man.

They look like friends as they converse with each other gleefully. Lou then concentrated on her Ramen.

"....Bar.... Tall.... Pretty... " Lou overheard some English snippets of their Japanese conversation. From the sound of it, they're talking about girls.

"Hay mga lalaki talaga." Lou muttered.

"Oh Rou-rou! How's the Ramen? What do you think?" Fumiya suddenly asked from the restaurant bar.

Lou just gave him a thumbs up and a smile.

The question made the guy turn around in her direction while still talking to Fumiya "...Nice smile.." He said in continuation of their conversation as he turned around.

Their eyes met. It was the bartender! Her eyes grew wide in recognition which made her cough on her noodles.

The bartender immediately went to her and started slapping her back as he asked if she's okay. Lou gestured to him that she's okay and wiped her mouth.

"I'm sorry, that was awkward." Lou apologized.

"No no don't apologize. Can I sit with you?" The man asked and she nodded. The man sat in front of her. "So this is where you've been going now. You chose Fumiya's Ramen over my drinks?" He gestured at the weird Ramen concoction she was eating.

Lou stared at him, uncertain what to say. At that moment, Fumiya came with a glass of water.

"Rou-Rou are you ok? Oh my Gas is it the Ramen? Too spicy?" Fumiya worriedly asked.

"No no Humi i'm ok. It's delicious." Lou smiled.

Fumiya then noticed the man sitting across her. "You know each other? Andore?" Fumiya looked at Lou then Andre questioningly.

"Andore?" She softly said. The man was talking with Fumiya again probably explaining how they knew each other as Fumiya nodded. She observed the man across from her. 'Yep still handsome.' She thought. She stared at his eyes now that she can see it up close 'Mesmerizing... Nice eyes.'

Then the man suddenly focused his attention to her. "Not Andore. My name is Andre nice to meet you" The man offered his hand to her.

"Rou-Rou are you ok?" Fumiya asked when she did not respond. It brought her back to the present.

"Hi I'm Rou-rou nice to meet you!" She surprisedly said copying Fumiya's name for her and took Andre's offered hand.

"So your name is Rou-rou?" Andre shook her hand.

"No I mean Lou. My name is Lou." She corrected and she slapped Fumiya in the arm in embarrassment.

Andre chuckled as he watched the amusing scene in front of him.

'Ano ba yan! Kakahiya ka Lou ano bang pinagagawa mo sa buhay mo?' Lou thought as she looked at the chuckling man in front of her.

"Interesting..." Fumiya muttered looking at Lou and Andre as he held his battered arm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello beautiful people!

I honestly started watching PBB because of Fumiya and Yamyam. They are hilarious! Then I started watching other clips and discovered Lou and Andre's interesting story.

So that was the beginning of me being a secret fangirl. And now here we are.

Thanks for reading again!

Til next time!

-J