The Subscriber Cannot Be Reached

Manila, Philippines

"Could you please tell me straight? Do you like me?"

Andre sighed. 'I guess I have to admit it now eh?' He asked himself. "Do you want to sit first?" He motioned at the empty chairs under the parasols.

"No, please tell me now. I've been keeping it in for so long that I need the answer now." Lou said looking straight at his eyes.

He can see the confusion, expectation and fear crossing from her lovely eyes. He couldn't take it anymore. He looked away trying to compose himself and organizing the words he actually meant to tell her today. This unexpected confrontation doubled the nervousness and anxiety that he feels.

"It has been a while since we've known each other." He started. He then looked at her face. The face that has been haunting his dreams. The face that he always tries to find whenever he enters a room. The face that, he realized, he wanted to put a claim to.

"You remind me about myself. Your humour and your care for your loved ones. It took me too long to finally admit it. You don't have to reciprocate or anything. I actually wanted to tell you today that Lou..." He continued staring straight at her eyes. He bit his lower lip then heaved a heavy sigh.

"Lou..."

"Andre.." Lou was looking at him questioningly. She can't fully process what she is hearing at the moment.

"Lou, I..."

*Ding*

The elevator door opened spitting out two hyper individuals laughing at whatever topic triggered their amusement.

"Oh Rou! Andore!" Fumiya said pointing at them.

"Oh anong ginagawa niyo dito? Akala ko ba kakain kayo?" Yamyam asked his attention focused towards the basket of food that Lou and Andre brought earlier.

Lou sighed frustated that she didn't get the answer that she needs. She pinched both Fumiya's and Yamyam's cheeks who were now going through the basket of food that they brought.

Andre went to the chairs he pointed at earlier and sat resigned. His hands running through his hair as he stared into the distance.

Yamyam and Fumiya put down the basket on top of the table beside Andre's chair. Mouths full with the sandwich he was hoping that he and Lou will share before telling her how he really feels. His mind went back to his planning session with his sister and mother this morning.

"So you still haven't told her anything?" Liana, Andre's sister, laugh radiated through the kitchen. Andre is currently on a video call with her. She is staying with their parents in Hawaii. Andre regularly calls his family to fill them in the happenings of his life and to update himself of them as well.

"Ha-Ha." Andre sarcastically said.

"I didn't know you're such a... Mom what do you say when they can't say they like a girl?" Liana said clearly talking to their Mom who went to grab some snacks while they talk.

"Torpe." He heard his Mom said.

"I didn't know you're such a torpe." Liana said giggling.

"I'm not torpe, I just wasn't sure if the feeling was mutual." He defended himself looking at the screen after flipping the omelet he was cooking.

"Its the same thing!" Liana said.

"Anak, you should tell her na. You've been telling us about her non-stop for a few months now." His Mom, Elvie plopped herself beside Liana.