Chapter 21- Reunion and Trauma

(REUPLOAD) I managed to fix the problem and get it back to its original version. Now I can finally start working on the next one!

So, exams are coming up and I won't be able to upload long chapters again.. Sorry, but it's a pretty big deal :)

Onto the story!

Third POV

"Are you sure you're fine?" Lloyd asked, making sure his friend wasn't hurt or dazed.

"I'm not a baby, you know." Harumi smirked, jumping out of the Shard's back. "I'm a big girl now. I'm going to be perfectly fine." She said, pointing at herself and winking.

"Zane, can you go introduce Harumi to Wu? I can take care of Shard." Lloyd turned to Zane, who gave him a concerned look.

"Okay, just, please be firm."

"Of course." Lloyd smiled as he began to lead the dragon to its cage.

Zane and Harumi started to slowly walk towards the entrance, staying silent along the way. Zane constantly gave her confused -or rather suspicious- looks, until she finally noticed.

The ice ninja looked away, yet tried to break the silence moments later. "How did you end up imprisoned by the Sons of Garmadon?" He said.

Harumi physically flinched, then frowned. "Ever since Lloyd went missing, Garmadon took over the island. The turned most of the residents into Oni, but.." She paused. "Never mind.."

Zane sighed and put an arm on her shoulder. Maybe Harumi wasn't the one he thought she was. Maybe she really was nice. "It's okay if you don't want to talk about it. I understand-"

"No, it's okay." She cut him off and gave him a slight smile. "As I said, he turned them to Oni.. Some couldn't handle the transformation. My parents- They-" Her eyes started to get puffy, as she covered her mouth with her hands.

"I'm sorry.. I've probably lost someone I love too. I know the rest don't want to tell me, but I know how it feels. My friends are the only family I have left." Zane said.

"I guess we all have our secrets, huh?" Harumi said, her lips curving into a smile, before stopping in front of the Monastery's door.

"I guess.." Zane returned the smile. "Now, shall we go in?"

~*~

"Isn't it amazing here Rumi?! You can even have your own room!" Lloyd said, sipping his tea. After many attempts, he finally got Shard to stay in her stable. He joined Zane and Harumi in the dining room not soon after, happy to finally catch up with his childhood friend.

"It really is." She smiled. "But I feel like I'm a burden to you.."

"Nonsense!" Wu entered the scene. "You're welcome to stay here for as long as you want. You're very brave and I hope you recognize that." He said, offering her a cup of tea.

"Thank you." She said.

Suddenly, they heard a loud knock at the door. They all stood up to answer it and decided to go together. They opened the door, only to be treated with a strange sight. Cole, Jay, Kai, Nya and three other strangers, two of them in their late forties, standing in front of them. They looked further behind to another man near the entrance, only he was leaving.

They didn't recognize the two adults, yet Wu sure knew who they were.

"Ray.. Maya?" He gasped, covering his mouth with his hands. "I-is that really you..?"

"Long time no see, buddy." Ray grinned, placing his hands on his kids' shoulder. "You can thank your students for saving us."

Everyone then turned to Skylor, who smirked. "I'm just a faraway friend."

"Come inside then!" Wu smiled.

~•~

"That's one crazy adventure.." Zane smiled, still wide eyed from his teammates' story.

"Yours is pretty interesting too!" Nya said. "And you know what's the best thing? I get to have female friends!" She side hugged Harumi and Skylor who were sitting beside her. They both smiled back, until Skylor spoke up, embarrassed.

"Unfortunately I won't be able to stay here. There are not many places I can go, but I'm sure I'll find a place to live in for now."

"Would you like to stay with us?" Maya exclaimed, a little too excited.

"It's okay, really-"

"Our workshop is in Ignacia. Since Kai and Nya will be staying here, you're free to stay with us till you find a home." She grinned.

"That.. would be awesome! Thank you so much about that!"

Wu entered, smirking. "Alright. Has everyone found their homes?"

"I see you haven't lost your humor." Ray smirked back.

"Never." Wu smiled.

As I said, a bit of a shorter chapter.

C ya!