Chapter 6: Violet and Captain Sinbad

Since the day Violet and Baxus discovered they were cousins, they grew even closer than before. Baxus informed the whole crew about their stunning discovery, even the captain. Violet got to enjoy her time with the Shark Tooth Pirates more, knowing she had a precious family member there.

However, a storm was to always follow bright days – after a while, when Violet had beheld a lot of pirate battles and had gone on covert missions in many cities, she began to have strange dreams, evil remembrances of the past she struggled hard to forget. Every time she hid inside the ship when battles were ongoing, she could hear shrieks of pain and whoops of the excited space-robbers, which stirred up the bitter memories of Earthly wars and destruction. These consequent nightmares became so unbearable that she often found it hard to sleep. Eventually, her insomnia reached its peak – one day, after a lot of fidgeting in the bed, she left her room and rushed to Baxus' one to seek salvation at his protective and caring hands.

"Baxus!"

The chamber was empty. She started at first, not able to understand where he could have gone at such a midnight hour. Then she realised that he, as a Bakhal, didn't sleep in the same hours as she, so now he would most likely be in his favourite place. She shut the door and rushed towards the poop of the ship, on the balcony of the fourth floor.

"Baxus!"

"Violet? What brings you here at this hour?" Baxus asked. He had been leaning onto the bulwark of the ship, marveling at the space view he loved so much.

"I was looking for you..." Violet muttered in response. "I've been having trouble sleeping. I dream of the vile memories of my bitter past, and my heart aches so hard I feel like crying!"

"Ah, that's truly bad... You won't be able to take a proper rest like that..." Baxus said. "I think I know who might be able to heal your mind. Follow me!"

"Heal my mind? What do you mean?" Violet followed him through many corridors and stairs, to finally wind up on the deck. "Why are we here? Don't tell me, you want to ask Captain for help?!"

"Yes."

"No! I don't want to!" Violet tried to pull away, "He's scary! He makes me feel like an ant in his presence."

"Come on, don't chicken out like that! It's because you humans act like such scaredy-cats that he dares call you 'Gaian Worms', and that term of his totally sickens me!" Baxus banged on the door as if it were some servant's room, "Captain, open up! I have some business to discuss!"

"What are you doing? Be a bit more polite! He's a captain, after all!"

Baxus didn't give a pin for her request and continued banging on the door, until the handle moved, to reveal Sinbad at the threshold. Now he seemed a lot different from the calm and stern captain Violet knew him as – the long purple hair which he always wore in a neat braid was messily hanging over his back and shoulders as if just gotten up from the bed, his chest was completely bare, and his eyelids were drooping as he screwed them, annoyed to be roused from a delightful dream.

 Now he seemed a lot different from the calm and stern captain Violet knew him as – the long purple hair which he always wore in a neat braid was messily hanging over his back and shoulders as if just gotten up from the bed, his chest was complete...