Chapter 10

Tris POV

I lay on the grass, facing up at the stars. I should be asleep, but I can't. Not when there's so much going on in my mind. Old memories resurface, of my mum, dad, Caleb, Toby. My ears swell up every time I think of him, or hear his name. I remember the day he moved quite clearly.

FLASHBACK

"Bea I have something I have to tell you" Toby says. He just turned 15 and myself a couple of weeks ago I turned 13. I nod my head in a way that signals to go ahead. "Marcus is making me move to Boston. We leave tonight. I couldn't bring myself to tell you". I'm the only one that knows what Marcus does because I've seen the damage.

Both physical and mental scarring on Toby. I start to break down. "I'm gonna miss you so much" I hug him, still crying. When I pull back, he's staring at me. "What?" I question, "I'm sorry, I just can't control myself". I'm about to repeat my question but he cuts me off my pressing his soft lips to mine. I'm too shocked to do anything, but kiss back.

We finally pull back. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that".

FLASHBACK

I'm about to cry when I hear bark snap. I move quickly grabbing my knife only to find its Four. "Oh god Four you scared the shit out of me" he smiles a little before his face turns back into the permanent scowl it's always in. "I just came to tell you it's your turn to night guard" I nod, "thanks". As I walk away, I can't hold in the tears any longer,

And I silently cry all through my guarding.

_______^-^_______

HOPE YOU ENJOYED

spoiler: Fourtris will get together in the next couple of chapters,