Chapter 11 - An afternoon at Clara's

The next day Buraion was calm again and I could do whatever I wanted to, so during the afternoon, I visited Clara.

'Oh, Miyako! Nice to see you.' She was very happy I could tell, because her face lit up the moment I entered her room.

'Hi Clara-chan! Have a plan for today? You know, I'm quite bored.' I said, jumping on her bed.

I heared a painful meow from under the blanket as I landed on the bed. Clara ran there immediately and looked under the blanket. As she raised it, a greyish kitty run to her.

'Sorry for sitting on him!' I apologised to her.

'No problem. He was where he shouldn't be.' She said and tapped softly the cat's nose. He was such small, that Clara held him on her palm.

'Is he one of your summons?' I asked curiously.

'No, I found him today, around dawn. He had just died yesturday. Isn't he cute?' She was smoothing his fur slowly and said the last two sentences with such naturality and sweetness, like peting dead kittens is the most common and widely accepted thing in the world.

'He is cute.' I nodded. I didn't wanted to bother her with questions concidering this. The kitty on her palm let out a glad meow then start purring loudly. Clara has just said back to her desk, when the door opened. And...

In the doorway, there was a tall and pretty handsome man standing. He had shoulder lenght black hair, with a longer mop at the right side of his face. He had a longer mop of hair behind his neck too, which was turning into orange at it's ends.

He was wearing a completely black outfit with small chains and studs. His clothing had only some parts which were orange. This outfit gave him a kind of gothic elegance.

It seemed like he didn't noticed me or just ignored and walked to Clara speaking to her about something, I couldn't concentrate on.

All my attention was drawed at him. As he walked, his two leather wings spread. I didn't noticed them before, cause they were same coloured as his clothes. He was so good looking, I couldn't do anything, just stared at him. Suddenly, he turned in my direction, me still peering him.

'And, who is your pretty quest Clara-chan?' He asked on a voice, which almost made me swoon.

'Oh, how rude! I almost forgot to introduce you to each other!' Clara screamed in suprise. 'Ito-kun, she is Miyako-chan. Miyako-chan, he is Ito-kun.'

'So you are the one, who came not so long ago? I would gladly show you some places, you have never been sweety.' He said on a charming tone and lent close to me, his beautiful eyes magnetizing me with hipnotic force.

'I... I don't really know...' This was all I could say. Then Clara slapped him with a frying pan.

'Ah Clara-chan, this hurts!' He jelled, rubbing his head.

'I told you many times, not to try turning my friends into your meals!' Clara said, still grabbing the frying pan. 'You would better go now or I'll tell Kimiko about what you was planning to do!' Ito shivered as he heared that name.

'No Clara-chan, please don't!' He said and recessed back till the door, then run out. I let out a sigh, then turned to Clara.

'Can you explain what has just happened?' I asked.

'Ito-kun wanted to taste your blood and I didn't let him. I'm tired of him looking at all my friends as possible meals!'

My jaw dropped.

'Why are you suprised? You thought you are the only one here, who feeds on others? I have to dissapoint you, you are not the only predator here!' She explained.

'He wanted my blood?' I was still shocked.

'Yes. Despite the fact, that you have a killer demon inside yourself, you are not the predator type, are you?' She kept twitting me.

'Yes, I'm not. Thanks for saving me anyway.' I replied, than said goodbye to her, saying, that this much excitement was barely enough for me.