Epilogue

THERE WILL BE ANOTHER BOOK... AND A FEW MORE! SO PLEASE CHECK OUT THE NEXT CHAPTER FOR MORE DETAILS OR CHECK OUT FAITH(Book Two) IN MY PROFILE!!! 😁😁

Epilogue

Nine Months Later

"Soooooo," Genève prompts me as I sit down across from her. We are at my dad's favorite breakfast place.

"So, what?" I ask her confused.

"Where is your lovely girlfriend?" She asks me while smiling.

"She had to attend a meeting, but she'll be along shortly," I say smiling at Genève's antics.

"I don't see a ring yet," she teases.

"We've only been dating for a year! She's not going to plop down on one knee yet," I say swatting at her.

"We all know you two are going to get hitched eventually! You've been living together for six months already," Genève says with a big smile.

Lena and I had moved in together about two months after everything settled down. I was two months into my three-month sabbatical, and we agreed that maybe it wasn't a bad idea. I love living with Lena and I am over the moon to be dating her. She supported me every moment of the way, through therapy and taking time off of work and being a hero and the slow transition into trying to function like a normal member of society. I do want to marry her, but I know she has a thing about wanting to propose to me.

"I'm well aware Genève," I say.

"Why don't you pop the question?"

"She wants to propose to me; I don't care either way..." I say but my tone indicated otherwise.

"Spill," Genève says.

"I've been checking out her interest board and they're a lot of diamond rings that are saved and they're pretty flashy which she knows I'm not interested in," I say glancing around to make sure she wasn't coming over.

"Diamonds are expensive," Genève says.

"I've been putting some money aside; one or two more paychecks and I should have enough..." I say trailing off.

"Aviva," Genève squeals excited.

"Isn't it too soon? We've barely been dating a little over a year!"

"Love doesn't come with a magical number," she says smiling at me like a crazy person.

"Can we change the subject?" I ask becoming slightly uncomfortable.

"One last question," she says.

"Fine,"

"What are your ring sizes?" She asks me curiously and I give her a weird look.

"I'm a seven and she's a five and a half I think, why?"

"Because you are clearly prepared to pull the trigger with that knowledge," she says giggling.

"What are you two all giggly about?" Lena asks sitting down beside me and kissing my cheek really quickly.

"Genève is just teasing me as per the norm," I say smoothly changing the subject.

The rest of the breakfast goes by nicely until Genève spills her water and it drips into my lap. I get up and go to the bathroom to dry myself off and when I return, I see Lena with her business face on. I question what's wrong when I sit down but she says she just had received an annoying phone call before changing the subject.