15

When I woke up the next morning, I laid in bed, rewinding last night's events as I stared at the ceiling. None of it made sense. Taehyung's hostility. Jungkook's anger. I've never seen either of them act like that.

I already made up my mind to go to work today so I lifted myself up, ignoring the soreness I felt from sleeping on the couch and continued with my morning routine. After coming out of the shower, I made my way to the kitchen where breakfast was awaiting me. Taehyung was sitting at the table, scrolling through his phone. I, very awkwardly, sat next to him.

"Wow breakfast looks great, Tae!"

He barely looked at me as he spoke, "Are you going to his practice today?"

I sighed, "That's my job.."

He scoffed and finished the rest of his coffee
before grabbing his stuff and walking out the door without another word to me.

I stared at his back as he left and bit back tears.
That was my best friend and he couldn't even stand the sight of me. I didn't bother finishing my breakfast and left to catch the bus to the building.

When I reached the office, I gathered my
composure and prepared myself to face Jungkook. The desk attendant let me know Jungkook was already in a meeting. Even though I don't remember there being a scheduled meeting. I ignored it and got right into my usual work tasks.

Two hours had passed and I had finished my work and cleaning around the office and I still hadn't seen Jungkook. The door opened before I could knock and out came an extremely familiar face.

"Jimin, damn, I'm so glad you're back. We have to go out tonight and catch up man."

Wait. Jimin? I took a better look at him. Straight, silver hair? Tattoo on right side? Abs? Yeah, that's Jimin. That's the guy I skipped out on and almost slept with.

Jungkook's had the biggest smile on his face as he talked to him and I just stood there. I was too shocked to speak.

Jungkook noticed me first. "Jihyeon, I had no idea you were here. Have you been waiting long?" I nodded 'no' silently and he quickly came up to me grabbing my hand in his, "Did you get my voicemail? I'm sorry, Jihyeon."

I caressed his hand with mine and leaned my forehead on his, "It's okay. You're okay, Jungkook."

He smiled weakly, "I love you."

"I love yo-"

"And who might this be?"

I forced myself to make eye contact with Jimin and I was met with his smirk and knowing eyes. He knew exactly who I was.

Jungkook laughed, so oblivious and answered, "My fault. Jimin meet Jihyeon, my girlfriend slash private assistant." He turned to me, "Jihyeon, this is my best friend slash member. He just came back from Spain."

I forced myself to look pleasant, "Nice to meet
you..."

I reached out my hand and he shook it with a firm grip, that reminded me of where those fingers once were. When he bit his lip, I knew he remembered it too. I quickly tore my hand away and fake sneezed into my elbow.

I looked down, "Sorry."

Jungkook scrunched his eyebrows at me, "Babe, are you getting sick?"

"Um, no? I'm not sure."

Jimin jumped up wrapping his long arms around both our necks, "Good, because we are going out tonight. All of us. I just have to hear how happened.
I have a few stories to share myself."

He looked at me and licked his lips, but Jungkook was on his phone and didn't notice anything.

"Yeah, definitely. Right now, though, I'm working and so is she. So stop distracting my assistant and we'll meet you later at Senses club."

Jimin chuckled, "Of course, my fault. I'll catch you later Jungkook."

When Jungkook said goodbye and picked up his phone to take a phone call, he turned to me and took my hand in his.

"It was nice meeting you too, Jihyeon. I can't wait to get to know more about you." He leaned in and whispered into my ear, "You still smell so sweet. Did you know I was coming?"

I took quick steps back and bumped into my chair, causing Jungkook to turn around.

Jimin transformed again right before my eyes and smiled, "Alright, I'm leaving, see you tonight."

Jungkook promised me we would talk more at lunch and then they both disappeared into the practice room. I sat at my desk contemplating a billion ways to get out of this, but couldn't think of anything that wouldn't be suspicious.

I groaned and placed my face in my hands. Tonight was going to be hell.