.Home.

.Three.
.Katara.

Katara stood eyes closed hair loose, letting the crisp cold southern pole air push against her. How she had missed this, this feeling. Although if she thought really hard she had never felt this peaceful feeling before. Even when she was a child there was always a sense of unease within the tribe a fear that lurked around each hut and seeped through the snow. Now there was a calm sense of peace and happiness that could not only be felt but seen! The southern water tribe had received help from its sister tribe in rebuilding and also education on the history of water bending. Katara had been the first water bender in almost a generation, and there was a lot of healing to be done. Katara pushed through the settled snow and headed in the direction  of her father. His hut had become the largest in the village (at this point) and sat at the top of an upside down V. Her gloved hand pushed back the pelt that acted like a temporary door

"Dad?" She entered the room to see her father, brother and a few members of the lotus elders. They all seemed shocked to see her and yet uncomfortable at the same time. "What's wrong?"

"Sit, Katara" Iroh said gesturing to the empty place beside him. "We were just discussing the current economic crisis"

"Crisis?" The word seemed hot on her tongue. Her father sighed and gave little resistance. He had learned by now that katara would not listen or follow the rules  especially if they told she couldn't.

"Indeed" the chief said. "Since the war had ended we have been trying to aid all four nations in any way we can"

"Food, rehabilitation" Sokka interjected  "but there is a lot of work to do. It doesn't help we have resistance"

"Resistance?" The shock was clear from katara who and why would somone or anyone refuse aid after what the war had done? "Why and whom?"

"Some rebel fire benders. There are only a handful of them a dozen at most" her father looked tired, sad and utterly lost. She hadn't seen that look since her mother died.

"Okay so what are they doing?"

"What they have always done" iron answered.  "Its unfortunate but we have identified these rogues as teenagers they have grown up in a world where they were superior and loyal to my brother.It's not excuse but they see what they are doing as right"

"Okay, but what are they doing? How are they interfering with our aid teams?" At this katara almost snapped they weren't giving her a straight response weather this was purposeful or not she didn't care.

"They are either trying to run over towns or attacking our teams. They will run into a village threaten them take what they have and attempt to hold control. Of course our teams free then as soon as we can but this leaves the village uneasy and they question weather or not they should just stay mutual."

"Or they go back to the mentality that have had for 100 years"

"We cant espect any one to change it adjust well. We've all had our sides since the war started its going to take a lot longer than three months to change their minds" katara explained. her father smiled

"I forget how wise you are".

"Send me to aid our teams I can try and detain the rogues and take them back to the fire nation where Zukos Rehabilitation team can help them" she could see her brothers fists clench at her words  he didnt believe they deserved a second chance  he wasnt a bad person she knew that but he was set in his view they had killed to many people to deserve anything. Let alone a second chance  but if they didnt make a change to the way the world works then they would just become the people they had spent two years trying to defeat.

"Its dangerous"

"Everything is dangerous its just about being able to handle the situation" Iroh chuckled lightly

"You are a bright one arnt you?" Katara beamed at him. She loved iroh he was a cooky old man but he was loving and cared so much about everyone. He devoted years of his life to helping his nephew.

"Send me on the next boat. Where are our teams baced?"

"In the earth kingdom." Her father replied. "Are you sure about this katara? I can send your bother with you. " sikka stayed silent  she knew he wanted to stay home and help their father with rebuilding the tribe that was all he has ever wanted was to help their father.

"I'm fine dad. I can handle myself. I trained the avatar"