Chapter 7

Chapter 7

   MoonFox stood on the highest ledge, where her chief slept. She now stood next to her chief, waiting for her to start the meeting. Down below, the foxes gathered, speaking about MoonFox's acceptance. She could see some stares, the stare of hatred. That's the glare StormCloud was giving her.

   Her chief then howled across the clearing, and everyone stopped to listen. SnowWinter signaled for MoonFox to speak.

   With her fur bristling, she took a deep breath, "StarSkulk has decided to accept me. They gave me the name Moon for the shape on my forehead, resembling a crescent moon. They gave me the name fox, for something that is yet to come. I am now known as MoonFox. To learn who I will be, I will need a mentor. FrostFur will lead me to that."

   She looked around, to see if she could tell who he was. She saw a fox, standing beside a den looking at her with welcoming eyes.

Then SnowWinter spoke, "as you all know, Peace Day is tomorrow, and on that Peace Day is the first day of spring. Now I must choose who will go. As always, the Proxy, Healer, Healer Trainee, all the Seniors, And I always go. Then I will have SharpFang, ThickCoat, WhiteCanary, PebbleStone, HawkFox, and BreezePup. I believe all of you will represent your ranks well. Meeting dismissed."

As the other foxes left to there duties, MoonFox watched an older pup jumping up and down happily. That must be BreezePup. MoonFox walked down the rock, to where WishFox was waiting for her.

WishFox spoke sadly, "SharpFang said he'll train SkyFox, while GleamingFur watches over both of us, as we show you around and who is everyone."

"Does FrostFur know?" MoonFox asked.

WishFox flicked his tail to where SharpFang was speaking with another fox. "That's FrostFur."

MoonFox nodded and she followed him towards another fox sitting down. "Hello MoonFox, I am SkyFox's teacher, GleamingFur." The vixen said in a gentle voice.

"SharpFang wanted to do SkyFox's first fighting session, so that is why he is not here. FrostFur is also busy, and can't teach you for today. WishFox will join us, to help you get the feeling of training with another fox. As for today, we will give you a tour of the camp." GleamingFur barked.

MoonFox nodded her head politely.

GleamingFur flicked her tail towards the highest cliff, "That is the chief's den, as you already know. The one nearby it, is where the Proxy sleeps." GleamingFur then walked over to the cliff, and climbed up a ledge, with MoonFox and WishFox following. "The cliff below the Chiefs and Proxy's den has three dens," GleamingFur said as she passed. "This is the Fighters den... The Protectors Den... And the Hunters den."

They then went back down to the lowest level. They walked over to a hollowed out tree, beside the tunnel. "This is where the Healer's den is. The Healer Trainee can sleep here or in the Trainees den." GleamingFur said. "Many plants also grow beside it. In this giant leave shade, is where the Seniors sleep."

   Two seniors lay in the bedding, the reynard spoke, "Hello MoonFox. I am MuffledFur. I was once a proud Fighter of this skulk..."

   GleamingFur nodded, "Yes I remember. You were a fine fighter when I was just a pup."

MuffledFur gave a warm smile, "Now I have many battle stories to tell. How about you sit and listen."