Chapter 8

Chapter 8

MoonFox walked with WishFox and SkyFox behind FrostFur and GleamingFur in the pine forest. They had went to teach them the borders. She watched as FrostFur's and GleamingFur's stride matched perfectly in rhythm as they put there heads together. She looked back at a long scar on SkyFox's back, where fur was missing. She had not realized the injury before.

"What happened?" MoonFox mumbled.

SkyFox looked at her puzzled, then saw the long scratch on her back. "I was- training, with SharpFang- it was an accident. That's all." SkyFox stammered then upped her pace.

MoonFox looked towards WishFox for answers. WishFox just shrugged.

   GleamingFur barked back, "This Forest is our hunting grounds. The most plump, juiciest prey is found her in plentiful groups.

   FrostFur then added in a low growl, "It is also our border to AutumnSkulk. They like to think this forest is theirs. Be careful, because they get snappy."

    SkyFox crouched down, "If they try, i'll bite there tail off!"

   GleamingFur laughed, "one day you will, you'll be one of the toughest foxes here."

   SkyFox smirked, "I already am."

-*   *-

   MoonFox felt relief to enter the camp. It seemed to have taken moons to travel across the borders of AutumnSkulk and SpringSkulk. They would have to spend another day traveling over the Star Mountains. Her paws ached after traveling so far. She was still used to comfort of the TallLeg cave she had lived in.

   MoonFox saw as the hunting party put there catches in the Prey-Pile. As she walked over there WishFox stopped her. "Not yet. We still have trainee duties."

   MoonFox sighed, "What are they?"

   "GentleFox had already went to fill the leafs with water, so we will patch the barrier to camp." WishFox said, then SkyFox appeared behind him, ready.

   They climbed up the cliff and went over to the rock fence, guarding the camp. SkyFox ran back up, with a giant leaf, full of sticks, mud, leaves, and rocks. She set it down on the ground.

   SkyFox And WishFox grabbed twigs in there jaws. "At least we have them restocked today!" SkyFox said through the twigs.

   WishFox set his sticks beside MoonFox. "All you do take out some stones, then if it's not covered, put some sticks... cover with mud.... cover with leaves... then stones... and... done!"

   MoonFox nodded and started patching the barrier.

*-   -*

   MoonFox entered the camp with the other trainees, now her paws definitely felt like falling off. After the patching job, they had to go out to find the materials to be used in the future.

   She looked up in surprise when she saw red foxes standing on the Chief's rock, with guards standing beside them. SnowWinter had stared calmly. Everyone had gathered below the rock, and the trainees went to join.

   SnowWinter barked, "BrownLeaf, why have you come in my territory once again?" With a slight uneasiness in her voice.

The leading fox nodded politely, "I only come in peace. That is why I have brought our dear Healer, MultiLeaf." He flicked his tail towards a strangely patched vixen.

MultiLeaf then also nodded politely.

SnowWinter stared blankly, "But I since you are here for more then a simple greeting."

BrownLeaf's tone changed, "Yes... Our seniors have told us of the old times, farther then any generation. Autumn had gave Winter this part of the woods to help your skulk for your starvation. We are here to take it back."

A red fox in the back growled, "hopefully without spilling blood."

   SnowWinter grinned, "It is nice that you are making up your own ancestor stories. Now leave my territory, I don't want any more of my time being wasted."

   BrownLeaf gazed at her, but not threateningly, "Farewell." He then lead his party out of camp.

   Before they left, the same snappy fox hollered back, "You'll regret this!"

   A few foxes barked, or growled back. SnowWinter then signaled for them to get back to there duties.

   MoonFox turned and got up to the Prey-Pile. She grabbed a mouse in her jaws then saw WishFox walked up beside her. "What was that about?" 

   WishFox smiled gently, "Don't worry about AutumnSkulk, they're always like that."

   SkyFox then walked past, a bird in her jaws. She mumbled through her full mouth, "I wouldn't underestimate AutumnSkulk."

MoonFox looked back as SnowWinter left with a group of foxes. She just realized today was Peace Day. She saw as BreezePup walked beside WhiteCanary proudly. She watched as two pups ran over to where she and WishFox was standing.

The slim pup barked, "You know what that means WishFox! Only two more moons till I'm a trainee, just like you!"

   MilkPup muttered, "Can you tell us a story, of how you and SkyFox got to become trainees a quarter of a star earlier?"

   SlyPup rolled his eyes, "Were so old now! Almost trainees. We don't need stories!"

   The small vixen shuffled her paws in the dirt nervously. Then a pup-mother hollered for them to come back, then they left.

   MoonFox looked at WishFox questionably.

   WishFox mumbled, "My sister and I figured out that AutumnSkulk was going to attack our camp. Then, we were prepared and no lives were lost."

   MoonFox put down her prey, "Why didn't you tell me before."

   "No reason." WishFox said, then left to the den with his jaws empty.

————————————-
hey I hope your enjoying the story so far!
Sorry that I haven't been posting lately
the STARR tests have been keeping me busy

a little question
what's you're favorite character so far?
+give a reason too!
I personally like FrostFur
I love his father like personality!