Chapter 7

"You've got to be kidding me." Kokichi continued to stare at Shuichi with that jaw dropping expression.

"Why are you so shocked?" Shuichi asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Panta's, like, the best thing on the planet. Here, good thing I have an extra bottle." Kokichi fished around in the glove compartment and somehow pulled out another bottle of the purple stuff.

"I-Uhm, no thanks. My uncle said that soda isn't very good for you anyw—"

"Oh, please," Kokichi scoffed. "All I hear from you is 'my uncle this' and 'my uncle that'. When are you gonna start making decisions on your own?"

Shuichi didn't know what to say, and attempted to nervously smile. "I... I just want to trust him.."

"Well, y'know, your uncle doesn't seem very trustworthy." Kokichi glanced at the car they were in and took in a breath. "Anyway! Let's get going!" He forced the bottle of purple soda into Shuichi's hand. It was cold, the perfect temperature to drink. But Shuichi didn't really want to try it, so he just kept it in his hand as Kokichi started up the car. "Where are you going again, by the way?" Kokichi asked as he left the neighborhood.

"Ah, I think Kaede's house. The address is right here..." Shuichi started to pull his phone out but Kokichi waved his hand away.

"I know where her house is."

"Really? You've been to your house?" Shuichi asked.

"Obviously." Kokichi rolled his eyes. "She's my friend. Also," he glanced at Shuichi's hand, "are you going to drink that, because if you're not I'll take it."

Shuichi started at the Panta still in his hand. "Oh... uh," he stated. He didn't want to be rude? But? It sounded like Kokichi wanted the Panta anyway? So he said, "Sure. Take it," and handed it to him when the car stopped at a traffic light.

Soon enough, the two arrived at Kaede's house. "Wow, her house is pretty big," Shuichi remarked as he opened the door.

"Yeah. I don't know why she makes a big deal of Rantaro being rich, she seems rich herself," Kokichi agreed.

They walked up to the door and Shuichi rang the doorbell. "The doorbell doesn't work," Kokichi told him, knocking on the door instead. A moment later, Kaede answered the door.

"H-Hey Kaede!" Shuichi said as he smiled.

Kaede hesitated, looking at Shuichi at confusion for some reason. Her eyes fell on Kokichi and realisation hit in? Maybe? She grinned back and said, "Hey!" Kokichi started to giggle but Kaede gave him a look.

"So is Rantaro here yet?"

"Um, no! But, we can do whatever you want!" Kaede replied.

"Are you sure?" Shuichi said hesitantly. "I think we should at least get started on the project."

Just then, Shuichi heard steps coming up from the nearby stairs. Another girl walked up the stairs, but—

"Kaede? Wait..." Shuichi looked back and forth to the girl he was talking to and the girl that just walked up the stairs. The two looked exactly alike. "You have an identical twin!?"

Kaede (??) burst into laughter, while the other Kaede gave her sister a look. Kokichi giggled seeing the scene play out. "Really, Kami?" the other Kaede told the first Kaede (Kami?) with a pouty face.

Shuichi could recognize that pouty face anywhere. "S-So you're not Kaede?" he exclaimed in shock.

"Oh my god. I told you not to do that again!" Kaede (the real one) yelled.