Chapter Seven

The hours dragged on before I knew it; it was 2 in the morning. Dragging my feet through the door, Peaches and Petunia weren't waiting there but lay on the couch. The atmosphere in this place was dead; it felt so cold. No sign of Billie anywhere... my feet stayed stuck to the center of my living room, but there it was. Her puffy jacket from when we first went on a date. The one she offered me because it was weirdly cold in her studio. Tears fill my eyes as I think more of our memories together.

"B!" I yell excitedly as I see Billie walking around, not yet found me. She had been gone doing press for so long, and she was finally home. I run to her and jump up, wrapping my legs around her waist. She lets out a string of laughs and wraps her arms around. "I'm so happy you're home!" I mumble into her jacket; her scent was so intoxicating.

"Happy to be home, mamas." She replied as she continued to walk with her suitcase. A pair of arms wrap around her, and it takes me a minute to realize it's Finneas.

"So you are just latched on to her?" He asks me while laughing, and I nod.

I inhale sharply to attempt to calm my body. Even coaxing myself into saying it was toxic and unhealthy for me. Which it was. What was I to do now? A small yawn passed my lips, and I realized - sleep. That's what I needed to do.

The day was colder since it came alongside the rain. My classes were over for spring break, and it did not feel like it. I had around three weeks left in my holiday. Currently, I was making my way out of the cafe after seeing Jessie was in there. She, by the grace of the Gods, did not see me. So lost in my thoughts, I bump into a hard chest. My eyes trail up to see a very handsome guy. Damn.

"My bad. You alright?" He asks, a faint accent heard in his voice. Wow, this man did not have a single flaw.

"Yeah..." I reply slowly and walk around him, but he stops me.

"Uh. You sure?" He continues, and before I curse him out, his eyes dart down to my chest. I look down instinctively and see a stain; he had a fucking muffin. A deep sigh passes my lips, and I sit at a table beside the door. He sat alongside me; he was so strange. I couldn't decide if it was in a good way or not.

"Are you alright?" He asked me once more, handing me napkins that sat in front of us.

"No. But whatever, I guess."

"Not whatever at all. I'll get you a drink and a shirt, and we can talk?" My eyes widen at his offer, is this man okay?

"Woah. I think the real question is, are you okay?" He laughs, and for some reason, it instantly makes me smile. His laugh was contagious, just like Billies.

"I'm wonderful. My name is Tom, by the way."

"Diana." We shake hands, and he stands up, offering me a hand.

"So Diana. Let's get that drink, then off to get the shirt?" Go with a stranger to a store for a shirt? 

Sure. I didn't care. I know it's perilous, considering he is a stranger. But for some reason, no part of my body cared if he was some serial killer. If he was? Oh well. If he wasn't? Okay.

"Okay..." We walk into the line, talking, laughing, and instantly becoming connected. This felt like my friendship with Finneas. My heart swells at the thought of him. I missed him.

"Hahaha. Wait, do you have Instagram? I need to post you on Instagram." I let out a laugh throwing my head back and nodding my head.

"It sounds so funny because of your accent. You act like I'm your muse," I reply while laughing, and he follows me.

"You're my muse, Diana," he says in a dramatic joking manner putting his hands up as if to frame me. "Now, the username Miss."

"It's Diana Lancaster, just like that." He holds his phone up, and we both pose; he quickly posts it while showing me after letting out a laugh.

TommoH look at this fabulous cutie I found in the cafe @dianalancaster wowwww

Liked by dianalancaster and three others
View one comment
dianalancaster, you "found" more like smushed your muffin into my nice shirt

We laughed at each other and realized we had reached the cash register. Jessie perks up at the sight of me, then learn something that causes her to shift completely, probably that Billie and I aren't friends.

"Can I get another chocolate chip muffin and..." He looks at me, waiting for me to finish. "Come on, D, the shirt isn't gonna buy itself," he tried to whisper to me but failed horribly.

"D!" Billie shouts, and I look over at her with a smile only to see her run into some guy's arms. Who is he?

"Um, a medium passion tea with strawberry açaí...please." I request, shaking my head at the memory, and she gives me a simple nod.

"Name?" She asked me bitterly; I scoffed, sick of being the bad guy.

"Forget it. Seriously Jessie? Do you even know what went down between Billie and me? Do you? No. You probably don't. So quick to judge when you should be the last." I spat every word of mine harsher than the other. Grumbles passed my lips as I stormed away from Tom and Jessie—tears pricking my eyes, memories of Billie and I flashing through my head.

"Diana!" I turn around and see Tom jogging toward me.

"What, Tom?"

"I still got the drink, look, let's get that, and we can go..." he says slowly to me, and I nod, biting my tongue to distract myself from the other pain I was feeling.

hiii next chapter is like an instagram feed but very important to the story so far. vote.