ten

"Was that James?" I heard from the doorway.

I turned to Dan who was leaning against the doorframe. "Yeah, he seemed fine but he sounded rushed," I said, still confused.

"He wasn't mad? That doesn't make sense," he said, furrowing his eyebrows.

I stood up and walked to him. "No, it doesn't but neither does this." I looked back at Phil's bed.

"Why am I here?" I asked him but felt like I was questioning my self at the same time.

He took a deep breath in. "When I asked you I didn't know about James and to be honest, if I had I wouldn't have asked you because this wouldn't be happening."

"You can't be blaming me," I laughed slightly. "This is not my fault, it's not really anyone's. Look if you're so mad about this I can go home," I turned around to grab the things of mine in Phil's room.

"Don't," he said sharply, grabbing my arm. "I don't want you to leave I just don't want you to be here if you have baggage at home."

"So you want me to break up with James for you?" I snarled.

"I don't know. I do know that you don't seem happy with him. Please don't make me feel like crap because I know you kissed me back and that can't mean nothing."

I sighed, "Look I don't know how I feel about you or James. I might have feelings for you but James has been there for me this last year."

"I want to be able to not feel guilty about asking you to come here, so please do something. Just..." he sighed, "Just don't leave."

I sighed and rubbed my eyes.

"I think you should sleep but just don't sleep in here. Sleep in my room. Phil shouldn't suffer because of my mistake."

"Are you going to sleep on the couch... maybe you can stay with me?" I said knowing that I wouldn't be able to sleep very well without someone. He looked at the ground and nodded, walking towards his room.

I grabbed my stuff that was spread around Phil's room and went to the living room to wake Phil and tell him to go back to his room.

Afterwards I walked into Dan's room and changed into a pair of sweatpants. I then walked to the side of the bed didn't have a body and tucked under the iconic duvet.

Dan was facing me and smiled. "Goodnight, Danielle." I turned the other way and moved towards Dan slightly.

As I started to fall asleep, I felt his arm wrap around my waist. He must have thought that I was asleep. The strange part is that no matter how inappropriate it was, I fell asleep feeling safe in his arms.

My stomach was filled with butterflies and I thought for the first time since leaving that maybe this is where I'm supposed to be.

surprise! I updated finally. * 1 year later *
I'm very sorry that haven't updated in so long. I really had trouble figuring out what to write about and I finally figured it out. thanks for so many reads.
xx, alexa