3

You sat between Hoseok and Taehyung as the servants walked over with golden platters sitting down your meal in front of you.

"Yukaejang, more commonly known as Spicy beef soup." One of the servants said as they poured the tea into your cup.

"It's green tea." Jin said as you nodded smiling. "Thank you guys. All of you." You said as you smiled lifting the veil from your face putting it behind you as it covered your hair.

Jungkook looked up and froze looking into your eyes. Your beauty stunned him as your skin looked as smooth as ever and your eyes glistening in the sunlight.

Hoseok noticed first looking at Jungkook grinning. "So did you ever get the tour?" Hoseok asked as you nodded putting down your spoon.

"Why yes I did, Jungkook gave me the tour we just finished in fact." You said as Jungkook looked up glaring at his elder brother.

"Don't you mean Jungkook oopa?" Jimin teased as you raised an eyebrow. "I never thought of that I apologize." You said as Jungkook shook his head growing flustered.

"Oh it's okay Oppa is too formal." He said smiling hiding his embarrassment. You nodded as Namjoon looked up and noticed your veil has been removed.

"This is the first time I've seen your face, uncovered and I've only seen you three times." He said as you smiled.

"My veil was made by my mother, she gifted it to me to wear when I get older. I usually wear it for style." You said as he nodded.

"She has beautiful eyes doesn't she?" Jin said chiming in as you smiled. "Thank you." Was all you could say as the servants came and picked up the empty bowls.

You drank your tea as the boys talked while the king and queen made small talk to themselves.

You didn't think much of it until the boys went silent, the king and queen noticing becoming quiet as well.

"Isn't that right ara?" Jimin asked as you looked at him confused. "Is what right?" You asked quickly putting down your cup.

"Isn't It right that I'm taller than you?" He said as you sighed in relief nodding. "Yes...that doesn't stop you from being short." You said smiling at him as he laughed.

"Me and your father have to go out for a little however we'll be back by supper." Their mother said standing up wrapping a white sweater across her as their father stood up buttoning his coat.

"Behave yourselves." He said as he took the queen's hand escorting her out the garden.

You finished your tea as Jin stood up excusing himself from the table. Taehyung and Jimin followed as you stood up smiling.

"Lunch was lovely, I'm going to finish unpacking my bags if that alright." You said as the boys nodded.

You walked into the main room and up the stairs. As you were about to turn the corner the voice of two females stopped you.

"I don't know what the king and queen were thinking inviting a northerner to stay in the palace, especially the daughter of a monster." One spat out as you froze in disgust and sadness.

You didn't say a word as you knew deep down you knew it would prove them right. That you were a monster just like your father.

You knew it wasn't true but no matter what people would still judge you. Look at you as if you were a danger.

Coming to the southern kingdom made you feel comfortable. That you wouldn't be looked down on. The two maids continued to talk about you. Tossing insults left and right from their mouth.

The more you listened the worse you felt. "And don't even get me started on her mother-" One woman started to say as you swallowed hard marching up the staircase turning the corner glaring at the two of them.

"If I ever here you talk about me or my family ever again I will show you what a real monster is and have your head on on a stake for display." You snapped as they went pale.

"We're so sorry." They both said their voices trembling in fear. You rolled your eyes.

"No you aren't get the hell out of my sight." You said angrily pushing past them walking into your bedroom as they hurried away.

You sat on your bed sighing tears welling in your eyes. There was a knock on your doorway as you quickly wiped away your tears.

"Yes?" You said turning around to see Jungkook standing in the doorway. "Are you okay? You look like you're upset." He said walking into the room.

"I'm okay just upset." You mumbled fixing your posture. "Why were you upset?" He asked sitting next to you as you frowned.

"I overheard some maids saying somethings." You said as he frowned. "I'm sorry you had to witness that, I'll handle them I promise.".

Yoongi stopped by the door peeping his head inside. "Everything okay?" He asked as Jungkook and you turned your heads to face him.

"The maids were being rude, I was telling Ara we'll handle them." He said as Yoongi frowned sitting down on the other side of you.

"I'm sorry..." he said as you shook your head. "Do you guys really think that I'm like my father?" You asked as Jungkook shook his head no.

"Definitely not, I think you're great, I'm not saying your father isn't great either but I don't think you're like him at all you're nice, funny, cute I mean short." Jungkook said smiling as you blushed a little giving them a weak smile.

"You're amazing we mean it we all enjoy your company here and it's only been a hour. Those maids are nothing don't let them get to you." Yoongi said smiling as you smiled.

"Thank you." You said looking out your window. "I should really finish unpacking but thank you I mean it." You said as they nodded standing up walking out the door waving goodbye.

"You called her cute." Yoongi joked as Jungkook hid his face in his hands. "I know hyung don't rub it in." Jungkook whined walking into the living room as the others sat down.

"Jungkook called who cute?" Jin asked as Yoongi smiled pulling Jungkook closer to him ruffling his hair as he explained everything to the boys.

Jungkook however zoned out completely as he felt pity for you. Not because of your past but how you were upset. It was noticeable and it made him angry. He wanted to make you feel wanted and welcomed. He wanted you to feel special. He wanted you to know he cared.