9

"People Of The North, Royal family of the South I welcome you the Princess Of The North." One guard shouted as you pulled open the large wooden doors stepping onto the balcony.

Your black veil covered your face as the long flowing black dress blew in the wind.

Your eyes were dull almost lifeless as you wore your crown. You raised your hand in the air and the crowd went silent.

"Citizens Of The North, I'm disappointed. In fact I'm angry, You crossed someone working hard to save you from devastation. All because of a man in red mask." You shouted angrily.

"I'd like to thank those who did not revolt and I'd like to think the royal family of the south and their army for helping me apprehend the mob last night." You said looking up.

As jungkook watched he noticed something different in you.

He noticed how cold you sounded, how dull your eyes were, and how broken you've become.

"Bring him in!!" You shouted as the doors opened and two guards brought in the man chaining his feet together along with his hands.

You raised your sword dangerously looking at him.

"You were born a killer and you will die a killer." You whispered to him looking at the crowd.

"Let this be a warning to never cross me." You yelled stabbing him through the heart yanking the sword back violently as he dropped to the ground instantly.

"I'm in charge now." You said finally turning away and walking out the sight of the people into the grand hallway.

That day you stayed in your bedroom watching your fireplace as it was the only light in your bedroom.

The curtains were closed and no candles were lit. As you sat in the dark room there was a knock on the door.

"I'm busy." You said blankly as there was a small laugh. "Come on Ara, no you aren't." The voice said as you smiled a little realizing who it is.

You stood up opening the door as Jungkook walked inside with a little box in his hand.

"I brought you some pastries, I know how much you like Dasik and Yakgwa." He said as he handed you the box.

"Thank you, um you can sit down." You said shutting the door behind you. "My mother said you'll have to marry eventually..." he whispered as you shook your head.

"Not anymore, I don't have to marry until after war." You said as you pointed at the picture on the wall.

"My father knew how much my mother hated arranged marriages, it cost her to lose a valuable friendship so my father made a rule that I would not marry until I am crowned queen, which is after war." You said sighing.

"Your mother, I heard things about her." He said as you shrugged. "I didn't know much about her, she passed when I was young." You said walking towards your window.

"This used to be her bedroom, at least that's what the servants told me. Ever since she passed my father refused to remarry and have new children. However there's a lovely maid here who treats me as her own so technically I guess that's my mother figure." You said as he nodded.

"Your parents  forced me to move back here in order to replace my father so I won't be able to see you anymore unless there is an event." You said as he smiled.

"Actually yes you can, at the stream in the woods every night when the moon is at its peak, at midnight." He said as you gave him a gentle smile.

"Jungkook...are you sure?" You asked as he nodded caressing your cheek heading out the door.

"Midnight by the stream don't forget." He said turning around walking out the room shutting the door behind him.