A New Job

(Levi's POV).

     "You told people?!" She shouts. I look down, it felt weird seeing the anger in her eyes. "Who?! Why?! Why would you do this to me?! What if I get arrested?!"
"Calm down! I only told Hangi. She won't get you arrested. Besides, I have a feeling she likes you." I say. Mikasa doesn't need to know why. "But I guess now that you're here in my office we can talk about some stuff."
     "Like what?" She asks. She still had an annoyed face on.
     "Maybe you'd want a job here..?" Her jaw drops. "Before you say anything, you could be guaranteed to work with me every mission. Also, the pay is relatively good." Her shocked face seems to grow sad and confused. "What's wrong?"
     "Do you not want me living with you anymore?" I get ready to talk but she interrupts me. "If so I can leave now." I try to talk but she kept stoping my words. "You were already so kind. I can just pack my stuff up later tonight. I don't need a job-" I lean over my desk and kiss her. The taste of her lips was something I missed. If she left I would never be able to have the same feeling her kisses would give me.
     After I sit back down I try to hide the red on my face. Mikasa was stunned once again. I make direct eye contact with her and say, "I don't want you to go."
     "Then why do you want me to get a job?" She asks looking down.
     "I don't want you to get any job. I want you to work with me by my side. You're good at the same stuff I do. It's an opportunity that I would like to take with you."
     "Really?" I nod. She smiles, filling my heart with joy. "Then I guess I better mark my calendar up." She holds her hand out for me to shake. I grab it and smile.
     I pick up my phone and dial Hanji's number. She answers. "In my office." She starts to laugh. "What?! No! How did you know that?! Get out of the security room!" I hang up and wait for her.
     "What was that all about?" Mikasa asks.
     "She was watching us on the upstairs monitors in the security room." Her face turns red.
     "Sorry about that."
     "It's fine."
     The door quickly opens, followed by Hanji. She slams the door shut and sits down next to Mikasa. Hanji looks Mikasa up and down, making Mikasa a little uncomfortable looking.
     "Yeah." Hanji begins. "She's perfect for you." She smiles as I glare at her. "Mikasa, right?" She asks, grabbing Mikasa's hand and shaking it firmly. Mikasa slowly nods, giving as kind a smile as she could at the moment.
     "Mikasa is going to be a new employee here, as you already know. Please tell everyone about her past so no one is rude to her." I glance over at Mikasa, quickly turning back to Hanji. "If anyone is in anyway unfriendly to her being here, tell them they can deal with me."
     "Alrighty captain! Welcome to the team Mikasa!" Hanji quickly left the room.
     "Let's go home. You can start work next week." I say. We stand up and walk to the door. Before I open it, she kisses me.
     I'm confused.

PerlaAckerman0001 Wasn't able to write this chapter so if it's a little different I apologize. I hope you like it nonetheless! ❤️