Chapter X

"Why do I have to do this?" Beca whined at her father as he led her outside.

"Because it was apart of the deal, remember? If you want that ticket to L.A, then you've got to find an activity to take part in during your studies."

"You're pushing it, you know?"

The man chuckled at his daughter before kissing her head. "You'll be fine. Go and find a group. I've got to get back to work. Love you."

"Yeah, yeah..." Beca huffed as her father walked off.

Beca Mitchell wasn't happy - not happy at all. She had just graduated high school and all she wanted to do was go over to Los Angeles to pursue her dream of becoming a famous music producer. But her father had other ideas. Just because he was a professor at Barden University didn't mean that Beca had to be, too. As much as Beca didn't want to go to college, she DID want that free ticket to L.A her father promised. So, Beca sucked it up and began walking through Barden's activities fair. Beca hated groups and joining one never crossed her mind but again, she wanted to go to L.A more than anything.

The brunette walked around the campus grounds trying to find something that interested her but she couldn't find anything. She thought she saw a DJing stall but she misinterpreted the sign. It may have said DJ but it stood for Deaf Jews instead - something Beca was not. The people were nice but Beca didn't belong there. Beca really hated her dad at that moment and she hoped that she'd find a group that she liked but the way things were going, Beca wasn't so sure.

~

Aubrey was panicking. After last year's accident at the ICCA Finals, the blonde was scared that nobody would be interested in joining the Barden Bellas. Aubrey blamed herself but her best friend tried to convince her otherwise.

"Why don't we just get good singers?" Chloe suggested when Aubrey demanded that they needed to recruit smoking hot women with bikini-ready bodies.

Aubrey was about to protest when a blonde Australian walked up to them, saying that she could sing. Chloe got the girl to match her pitch, which she did perfectly. The redhead was satisfied and Aubrey was shocked but she invited the Australian to the auditions, which the girl was excited to attend.

Once Aubrey was willing to look for good singers, she was able to get multiple girls to agree to or consider joining the Barden Bellas. The blonde still wanted good looking women since she had a tradition to uphold. Chloe was getting a bit tired of Aubrey always sticking to tradition but the blonde was very set in her ways so it was easier to just play along instead of disagreeing and causing an argument.

"Hi!" Aubrey smiled at a girl who walked towards their stall.

"Hey!" The girl replied.

"Are you interested in auditioning for our a cappella group?"

"A cappella, huh?" The girl reached forward and took the flyer from Aubrey's hand and the blonde couldn't stop staring at the girl in front of her.

The girl hand long brown hair, green eyes, long legs, and massive boobs. Aubrey wanted smoking hot women with bikini-ready bodies but damn! This girl was something else.

"I've heard about this stuff," the girl said.

"Can you sing?" Aubrey asked.

"Ah huh!" She nodded proudly. "I was the lead in my high school choir. I've been singing all my life."

"Do you think you've got what it takes to be an a capella singer?"

"I've got what it takes to be whatever you want," she smiled with a flirty wink.

Aubrey flushed and swallowed hard as she felt her entire body heat up and Chloe had to bite her tongue to stop herself from giggling.

"Ah, okay, well, um... cool. The info is all on the flyer there," Aubrey said. "So, I guess we'll see you at auditions? Hopefully? Maybe?"

"You bet. It was nice meeting you," she concluded with a wink as she turned to leave.

"Y, yeah, it was nice meeting you, too..." Aubrey stuttered then looked down at her trembling hands until she felt Chloe looking at her. "What?"

"Nothing," Chloe smirked.

"Don't even start."

"Okay, but... you didn't even get her name."

"Dammit!"

"Don't worry, I'm sure she'll give it to you at the auditions... and she might give you her name, too."

"Chloe!" Aubrey smacked the redhead's arm but the girl simply laughed. "Cut it out. We still need to recruit more girls."

"Fine..." Chloe calmed her giggles as she looked around at all the people passing by and that's when she caught sight of a small brunette with heavy makeup. She was wearing jeans, boots a red tank top, and a grey vest. "Oh! What about her?"

Aubrey looked at the girl who was approaching them.

"Oh... I don't know... She looks a little too alternative for us..."

Chloe rolled her eyes and held out a flyer for the girl.

"Hi! Any interest in joining our a cappella group?"

Beca stopped at the stall and reached out and took the flyer that was given to her. She looked at the flyer then looked up and was met with a sight of gorgeous red hair and beautiful bright-blue eyes. Chloe looked into Beca's dark-blue eyes and smiled adoringly at her and Beca smiled back.

THE END