Chapter IX

"Here..." Chloe reached into her bag and handed Beca some sheet music.

The brunette took it and read the title.

...Until We Meet Again

She inspected it more but found no other writing on it. Not even little secret messages on how to play it correctly.

"What's this?" Beca asked.

"The second part to Bye Bye Love..."

"There's a second part?"

"Yes. I was going to show it to you before... well, before I saw you with that girl. I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend, too."

"You were?" Beca looked up at the redhead with a small smile and it melted Chloe's heart.

"Yes," she smiled softly.

"What does this music do?"

"It's a duet. It's said that two people who are in love with each other will find a way to be together no matter what. Even if those two people are from a different time. If it's meant to be then it's meant to be. Bye Bye Love... allows you to travel back in time or forward in time to where your soulmate is. You meet, you fall in love, then you play this song together that'll allow you both to exist in the same world."

Beca looked at Chloe shocked. "Are you serious?"

"Yes," Chloe nodded.

"Where did you find this?" She chuckled.

"Let's just say that I have a friend that's... eccentric."

"I believe you."

Chloe giggled. "I found Bye Bye Love... in the room with the Bösendorfer. I played the song and it brought me to you. I wasn't sure how it was possible but my friend told me what it did. I thought it was absurd but it was true. She gave me ...Until We Meet Again to give to you since she believed that you were my soulmate... and I believe her, too."

Beca smiled at the redhead. "So... we play this together and we can be in the same world... but what's the cost?"

"We have to leave our own world to live in another."

"So... we'll die in our own world?"

"No, we simply just wouldn't exist. We were never born. As soon as we're taken out of our own world, it'll be as if we were never there in the first place. We will go to a new world where we are together and can live together the way we want to."

"It almost sounds too good to be true."

"There is another catch though..."

"What?"

Chloe hesitated before continuing. "If what we have is not true love, then we will both cease to exist forever... in all worlds."

"So... we're pretty much killing ourselves."

"Erasing ourselves from history is a better way to put it."

Beca looked down at the sheet music in her hands, not sure what to think or say. It was a lot to take in and it was a lot to consider but Beca had never met anyone like Chloe and Chloe had never met anyone like Beca. Beca never felt this way about anybody before and all she knew was that she wanted to be with Chloe, no matter the cost.

"Let's do it then," Beca said, returning her gaze to the redhead.

"Are... are you sure?"

"Yes."

"But... Beca, if you don't love me the way I love you then we'll both cease to exist."

"I know but I do love you like you love me and if I can't live in a world with you then I'd gladly cease to exist."

Chloe whimpered and she couldn't control herself from leaping onto the shorter woman and kissing her hard. Beca caught the girl in her arms and kissed her back. The kiss was filled with love, passion, and happiness. It was something neither girl had ever felt before.

"I love you, Chloe Beale, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you," Beca said, resting her head against Chloe's when they finished their kiss.

"I love you, too, Beca Mitchell. I want to live out the rest of my days with you in a world where we both exist and can live our lives together."

Beca pulled Chloe in for another loving kiss. "Let's do it then."

~

Beca and Chloe made their way down the music hall hand in hand until they reached the room at the end. They looked at each other nervously before stepping into the room and looking at the piano.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Chloe asked.

"Yes," Beca nodded. "I'm sure."

Chloe took a nervous breath as she and Beca walked over to the Bösendorfer. They pulled out the leather stool and sat, putting the sheet music in front of them. The two girls looked at the music before looking at each other nervously. Beca then took Chloe's hand and kissed it. Chloe smiled at the brunette before Beca let go.

"Ready?" The alt-girl checked.

"Ready."

"Let's do it."

The girls placed their fingers on the keys and took a few moments before playing. Chloe started. The tune was soft and slow. It was quite a sad beginning and it was hard for her not to cry, as it was hard for Beca not to cry. Thankfully, Chloe's solo didn't last overly long when Beca began to play a happier tune, however, it was only brief before Chloe's part came back in. It was sad but Beca's part began and it was happier. Chloe jumped in and played with the brunette as they read the music together. They were playing two similar tunes and it sounded magical. It was as if the song was made especially for Beca and Chloe. Two people from two different worlds coming together and connecting through music.

The girls played the song perfectly and even though they were concentrating on the song, they were focusing on each other and envisioning a world where they would meet and be together. They were scared but their love for one another triumphed their fear beyond words. They continued to play the song and it was beautiful. It was the most beautiful piece either of them had ever heard and what made it even more beautiful is that the song ended on a happy tune. The girls took their hands off the keys once they reached the end of the sheet music. They turned to one other, both with worried looks in their eyes but they just lunged forward at each other and shared a deep, passionate kiss as everything around them disappeared.