WMA 1 - My Childhood

Natsu’s POV

“Natsu!” Wendy made the door fly open and I had to cover my ears with a pillow. “Hey, why won’t you wake up already? It’s a weekend, you know?”

“It’s a weekend and obviously it’s not a school day. Why do I have to wake up this early?” I scrutinized the clock and saw that it was only 6 AM in the morning.

“We have to go shopping, remember? We have to buy our school supplies and uniform!” Malling is one of the many things I dislike in this world, and Wendy is the opposite of me. She’s been living in our house ever since her parents divorced. I wish Aunt Grandine is here to take care of her daughter.

“I woke you up because you’re not a morning person and you move like a turtle in the morning. So get up and just hurry up already!”

Irritated as hell, I swiftly got out of the bed.

“Say, Natsu, do you still remember the blond girl when you were still a kid?”

I raised my eyebrows at the mirror. “I honestly don’t have an idea, child. Amnesia boy here. And how did you know about that?”

“Your father told me one afternoon while we were eating lunch. I’m curious. Is she pretty? What’s her name and what’s she like? I wanna meet her!”

“I forgot about her name and her face. I only remember her blond hair and... Vanilla...” I answered, really unsure.

“Vani—”

“Wendy, Natsu, what are you waiting for? Breakfast is here!" Igneel shouted from downstairs.

“Natsu, we’ll talk about her some other time.” After that, Wendy left my room.

Now that I think about it, there’s this girl in my mind and from what I can remember, she’s my playmate.

Bloody hell, I can’t remember her name. Why did the word ‘vanilla’ suddenly pop in my head?

“Natsu! Do you wanna eat or not?”

~~* * *~~

Currently, we were inside dad’s car... and I’m still wondering about that blond girl. Remind me why I’m thinking about her again, please.

“Natsu, you seem like you’re drowning in your thoughts since breakfast. Something the matter?” Father looked at me through the mirror. I didn’t notice that I was spacing out ever since I ate.

“Is there something bothering you, Natsu?” Wendy queried, worry evident in her tone. I looked at the window, trying to ignore Wendy’s question. I don’t know why I was still thinking about the blondie.

Anyway, I’m Natsu Dragneel. An eighteen year old fourth year high school student who lost his memory last year. Wendy told me that I lost my memory in a car accident. I was asleep for a month and when I woke up, I wondered on who and what were the people and things around me.

My family tried so hard to make me remember some memories, but failed to do so.

And ever since that accident, my father keeps on telling me stories about my childhood and that includes the blondie. But of course since I didn’t know her, I don’t usually listen to my father’s stories.

I sighed. This is my first time I tried to dwell on my past. I already remember a few things, like my likes and dislikes and some memories, but not all.

Also, my elementary classmates always pairs me up with a certain someone who has a short, white hair named Lisa—I don’t know, something like that if we have reunions. They didn’t know about my accident. They said she was my crush, and of course I try to act cool about it so I always say ‘yeah’ to make them believe I still haven’t forgotten about the memories.