Chapter 4- Counting Stars

Counting Stars- One Republic
(I just love the song)

IT'S GONNA BE PRETTY LONG. IT MIGHT EVEN BE 3000 WORDS LONG, IDK, OR EVEN MORE. OKAY, WAIT, I JUST REMEMBERED AGAIN WHAT 3000 REFERS TO THESE DAYS......
Oh and there's some changes in the plot of the books regarding Rabadash-Susan in Calormen.

Edmund and Sanya were virtually inseparable since then, much to the rest of the Pevensies' disappointment. Susan and Lucy had wanted to spend more time with her, being all girls, and Peter was annoyed partly because he thought Sanya was quite interesting and refreshing and partly because Ed kept blowing off their sword fights and training.

Which would've been fine if Caspian was around to spar with him, but Caspian was all on Telmarine Kingly duties, at least when he wasn't gazing lovingly as his sister.

Although you didn't hear it from Peter, gossip around the castle (which was also no doubt encouraged by the incorrigible Lucy and wicked Edmund) was that Caspian would be popping the question to her soon.

Personally, Peter hoped that Susan would pop out his nose but he knew that wouldn't happen. Her popping a champagne bottle in celebration was far more likely, but it didn't mean he liked it- he couldn't help his possessiveness around Susan.

But Caspian made her wondrously happy, for some reason, and that was what mattered.

Peter hated his life sometimes.

"Oh, come on, Ed, this is the seventh duel you've rejected in the past... 6 weeks! You never like to miss an opportunity to show me up, and you know you can show me up well." Peter knew he wasn't good at flattery (unless he really truly meant it, he didn't see any point in compliments) and also that flattery would get him nowhere with his clever sibling but it was well worth a try.

"Sorry, Peter, but I promised Sanya-" Edmund started, not in the least bit apologetic.

"Heard my name." Sanya popped up from somewhere and Edmund shrieked. Peter jumped too, but at least he didn't yelp.

Both of the Kings looked at the girl from the future- and thought that clothes in the future were very odd.
Sanya had continued wearing her own clothes, despite the extensive wardrobe Lucy and Susan had got for her (after taking her along when they'd gone to the dressmakers to measure themselves, which made them feel inadequate in regards to chest size and made Sanya feel even more insecure everywhere else- she then started going for a run every evening and taking more and more care of her body and skin and hair). At the moment she was wearing an old school shirt and pajamas because no one here knew that it was a horrible combination of clothes, while wondering what Peter and Edmund had been talking about.

"Oh good, Sanya, would you mind awfully if Edmund has a sword fight practise with me? He's one of the best-" Sanya grinned at that and Ed blushed, "and he hasn't practised in weeks because he's busy with you." Peter looked down at the shorter and now frowning girl.

"I don't mine, Pe- your Majesty." Peter belatedly realised he hadn't asked her to call him Peter. She added shyly, "I would love to watch, if you don't mind."

"Of course we don't mind." Peter said at once, before Ed could even open his mouth. "And please call me Peter. I'm not quite as pompous as they make me out to be, y'know."

"He's right, he's more." Edmund snarked as irrational jealousy flared up in him. Which was downright idiotic because Sanya was just his best friend. If Peter wanted to ask to court her- and judging by the hearts in his eyes, he did- he was welcome to and get rejected.