Chapter 1

I stretched my long, sun-kissed legs across the linen lounge chair, soaking up the humid air of Olympus. I raked through my silky, brown hair with my fingers savoring the peace and quiet away from my countless siblings. Being the daughter of Aphrodite, the world's biggest temptress could be quite frustrating especially after acknowledging the fact that you're just another offspring from her innumerable affairs. As I began to doze off into a peaceful and much-needed rest I heard Apollo's (my Mom's assistant and latest boy toy) voice calling my name in the distance.

"Nephele, Nephele, Nephele," he shouted in his loud, flamboyant voice. He came to a fluttering holt, landing charmingly on the ground.

"Your mother wishes that I inform you that she would like to, uh, speak with you".

He was trying to sound stern and "father like" but failed miserably. His long, blonde hair fell in front of his pale complexioned face.

"Thank you so, very much," I said in a fake, sarcastic tone.

"Oh, and next time you might want to wash the lipstick off your neck".

He blushed, embarrassed at my comment.

"Ah yes, thank you," he mumbled and flew away accordingly.

Not going to lie, he wasn't the worst of all my Mom's constant come and go suitors, but I still didn't find his presence enjoyable.

An hour or two later after a cat nap and some self-persuasion I decided to see what my mother wanted. The scolding ground of Olympus burned my pale, bare feet. I hurried up the lavish pink steps leading to my mother's throne. When I arrived my mother was lounging on a velvet daybed being pampered and catered too by young, shirtless bachelors lathered in baby oil. Shocking. My tattered shorts, black crop top, and winged eyeliner caught her attention.

"Daughter," she said in a disgusted tone.

"Aphrodite," I rebutted rolling my eyes.

Ignoring my dialogue she shifted, sitting up, making her back as straight as a board.

"Don't you think it's time to grow up a little bit, you're almost eighteen now and you wouldn't want to lose any suitors over your... appearance".

She acted like I gave a shit about getting married to some privileged, snobby douche who doesn't know the difference between caring and controlling.

"With all due respect, half of the eligible guys here are my goddamn siblings."

Abnormally she quickly replies, "I'm done with your attitude, either shape up or you're going to end up in hell."

Hell, the underworld, controlled by Hades. The one place I was actually scared of. No one but the OG's (Original Gods) knew how to get there even though all of the Gods cut off any connection with Hades years ago. The place seemed shady as all get out, and I wasn't about to find out what it was really like.

"Yes ma'am," I muttered and quickly turned, exiting my Mother's realm.