Chapter 12

I woke up to being cradled in Declan's lap once again yet this time when I looked up he had a giddy smile on his face. I stretched and sat up next to him pushing my knotted hair away from my eye

"Good morning gorgeous."

"Good morning," I replied have asleep.

He grabbed my hand and fiddled with each of my fingers. I pushed my hand through his wavy hair and smiled knowing I had him right here next to me.

"What are we going to do today," I said yawning.

"Well sleepy head I have to go back down here soon but I wouldn't mind seeing you later tonight."

"Alright, I'll be here tonight. Wait where even are we?" I asked peering outside the door

"It's the back door of some old restaurant."

"Ok, I'll figure it out. Why did the portal change anyway?"

"I honestly don't know," he said looking puzzled, "It just redirected all of sudden. I just hope that doesn't mean Hades found out what we've been doing because if so, I'm screwed."

"Why?" I asked nervously.

"The guy has a bad temper and is super hot-headed so if you break the rules down here and he finds out there's no telling what he might do."

Not going to lie that scared me a little bit but, I normally wasn't the type of person to worry about something until there was something to worry about.

"Okay well be careful."

"I will."

I'll see you tonight," I said kissing his cheek.

"Okay, see you tonight."

Kendra was waiting for me at the house when I got back to Olympus.

"Oh so you spent the night I see," she said with a mischievous grin.

"Kendra we didn't do that."

When I started walking upstairs Kendra followed me, trying to get me to confess to her what all happened last night.

"Well, obviously something happened."

I ignored her comment and walked into my room to sit on my bed and pry off my shoes. Kendra plopped down next to me with a determined mindset.

"Oh come on you usually never hold back on expressing your opinion."

"I just don't want to jinx it okay?"

"Oh I see how it is," she said standing up, "you're falling in love"

"Whatever," I said throwing a pillow at her.

She laughed and blew me a kiss before leaving my room. Obtaining new found relationships with these people was an abnormal feeling. It felt reassuring knowing I had friends that supported me. I was usually a lone wolf because people here didn't understand or appreciate my personality but, having Declan and Kendra by my side gave me a sense of self-confidence. Granted all my life I never really cared what people thought so when they didn't like me I just pushed them away but, I never gave myself a chance to meet people who did like me. So, sure I don't mind people's opinion about me, however, sitting here I realize that that doesn't mean I don't need love in my life. Whether it be in a friendly way or romantic way we all need some kind of affection because, without it, we're just one little dull star in a dull universe.