Chapter 11

My mother's vacation couldn't come soon enough. The moment she walked out the door I flashed Kendra a mischievous grin. I finished my duties for the day as fast as I possibly could. When the sun set I ran all over the house to find Kendra. I caught her just in time waiting in the dining room.

"Ready?"

"More than ready."

Kendra led me down a dark grimy hallway that even I didn't know existed. We ducked passed different cooks and servers. We were constantly turning corners leading to news hallways which would then connect to more hallways.

"What is this place?"

"It's the underground passage your mother's employees use to get around the house so fast."

"How have I not heard about it."

"It's very hush-hush."

"Why?"

"Shut up we're gonna get caught," she demanded.

I quickly stopped talking and attempted to keep up with her as best as I could. She halted at a tiny metal door causing me to bump into her.

"Hey!"

"Sorry," I whispered.

"Well here is your stop. The door opens up at an old shack your mom used to own in Old Olympus."

"Thank you so much."

"You're welcome," she replied.

When Kendra left I tightly gripped the cold handle on the door and pulled it open. I was alone in a dark basement filled with cobwebs. I pushed my way around to find the steps and made my way up with caution. I noticed that my mother's shack was located directly next to where I had been previously meeting Declan. I wandered around with the light of the moon. I tried to search every building screaming his name as I entered each one.

"Declan? Declan?"

No response. I didn't know why I was so determined to find him but my heart broke at the thought of not being able to see him again. I was about to give up when I heard a voice in the distance.

"Nephele? Nephele? Please tell me that's you."

"Declan? Where are you?"

"I'm over here!"

I followed his voice to a small, metal, exterior door. He stood there with the most hopeful look on his face. When our eyes met I ran and gave him the tightest embrace I could. He pulled away and looked into my eyes

"God, I've missed your eyerolls."

I rolled my eyes in response and let out a giggle.

"You're such a dork."

He didn't say anything, he just looked at me with a goofy, bashful expression on his face

"What are you looking at? Do I have something on my face?"

"I'm sorry I was just looking at how fucking beautiful you are."

I smiled, looking at the ground trying to hide my rosy cheeks. He pulled my chin up with his index finger so my eyes would meet his. My heart began to pound faster than ever before, it felt like at any second it could burst out my chest. I placed my hand on his left cheek and gently caressed it with my thumb. He moved his right hand to the small of my back at the bottom of my spine and held the nape of my neck with his left hand, tangling his fingers in my hair. Time froze as he leaned in. Our lips met each others tenderly. Our body's pushed against leaving no space between us. His kiss was soft and gentle slowly growing more passionate. He bit my bottom lip pulling it out the slightest bit. Beads of sweat began to form on my dewy skin. He lips quickly slammed back into mine. He demandingly slid his tongue into my mouth. Our tongues swirled together in a rhythmic dance. His taste caused my knees to go weak. I had never understood how someone could sacrifice so much for one person until I met him. I realized he was my weakness, he put a light in my life that was indescribable. I felt so high off his touch I didn't want him to stop. I slowly slid my hands up the back of his shirt, digging my fingers into his back. He carefully moved down my neck as I let out a staggering breath. His hands pressed against my body moving their way up to my face. He cupped both of my cheeks in his hands and pressed his forehead against mine. I could feel each one of his hot, panting breaths brush against my lips.

"Nephele?" he said trying to catch his breath

"Yeah?"

"Please don't leave me. I can't lose you"

"I won't" I replied.

"Promise?"

"Promise," I replied with every intention of keeping it.

We laid on the steps together wrapped in each other's arms.

"And Nephele?"

"Yes?"

"You taste really good. What is that?," he licked his lips," Is that Apricot I taste?"

I playfully smacked his thigh.

"Oh shut up you weirdo."

"Or maybe even a hint of blueberry?"

I giggled and he smiled at my reaction. I laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes from the comfort of his body heat.

"Goodnight Nephele."

"Goodnight Declan."