Chapter 5

I worked my way back to where I had started. The river had now flowed down the path once more, making me have to scoot across the tiny ledge again. When I had finally reached the staircase to my surprise the man in the boat had left. I carefully stepped off the platform and onto the staircase. My foot still stung yet, the bleeding stopped despite that I was determined to get out of there as soon as possible. I had been down there for way too long. I raced up the steps, attempting to not put any unwanted pressure on the wound. When I finally saw the creaky door come into view, I sighed in relief. I turned the knob and felt the soothing air of Olympus come over my body. I didn't realize how hot I actually was. My black embroidered t-shirt was drenched with sweat and stuck to my back as if it was melting into my skin. I ran my hand through my greasy hair feeling the beads of sweat on my scalp. I distorted my face in disgust and shook my head at the excessive amount of perspiration coming from my body. I walked back to my house taking in the crisp midnight air. When I finally reached the safety of my home I let the cool water of the shower rain over me. I sat there cleansing my mind and body from the night I just had. Once I finally turned off the water and grabbed my towel I went straight to bed. My surprise visit to the underworld drained the energy out of me and I was not about to go on another adventure.