→ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ

Episode Three: Childhood's End𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊

𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊

the church door burst open, so out of instinct, kat snapped her head to the direction of the noise. jessica paced in, wearing a long green, sequinned dress, with some sort of circular pattern covering the whole article of clothing.
"did Cassandra text you, too?" she asked the small crowd.
"was there a dress code we didn't know about?" becca pondered from the other side of katherine.
"i spent 700 bucks on this and it's not like i'm going to be wearing it to prom." jessica responded, rather annoyed.
kelly walked in with gwen, and hands helena a box of tampons. the raven-haired girl gasped at the gift.
"you're a lifesaver. someone must be hoarding these. there was none left at the drug store." she claimed.
"i try to ration. i only have three boxes left." kelly smiled at helena, to which she thanked her as kelly left to sit down.
cassandra and allie walk in. katherine smiled at them as a greeting.
"let's gather around." cassandra waved everyone over.
"boys that we thought we knew, destroyed those stores last night. and if we don't do something, male testosterone is going to be the end of us." cassandra nodded her head as she spoke.
"is that why it's just girls here?" katherine questioned their 'leader' out of curiosity. cassandra nodded her head in return. kat only rolled her eyes. "well in that case, can i leave now?" katherine pointed to the door, getting ready to stand up. "this is pointless," she continued. before she could speak another word, cassandra spoke instead.
"no, you may not leave. as pointless to you this may seem, it in fact, is every important. right now it's just pillage. but how long until someone's raped walking home one night and no one gives a shit because that's just how it is?" katherine rolled her eyes.
"cassandra, just because they're guys, doesn't mean they would do that. and who said no one would give a shit? i know i sure would." kat shot at her.
"katherine, i'm just trying to make a point, and trying to put a stop to all of this. stop bitching over everything. the world doesn't revolve around you."cassandra retaliated, to which kat laughed out loud, finally deciding that she had enough of cassandra's bullshit. she stood up and grabbed her belongings.
"no, katherine's right. i'm sorry no one wanted to date you in high school, cassandra, but this war on men feels a little extra." gwen stood up for the brunette. kat smiled at her, nodding her head in gwens direction in approval. kat still decided to leave.
"everything that kept us safe is gone. there isn't anyone to say no. and when you stop hearing no, you begin to think you can do anything." katherine could feel the blonde's cold glare burning into her back as she walked out the church doors.
   "hey." the irritated brunette looked up from her feet to see harry. she gave him a soft smile, and continued on her way. "wait, katherine." harry grabbed ahold of her wrist before she could scurry off.
   "what do you want, harry?" the female sighed, not in the mood for a civil conversation after the exchange she just had with cassandra.
   "hey, what's with the attitude?" harry had a visible frown forming across his lips.
   "i'm sorry," she let out another sigh, running a hand through her hair. "cassandra happened." the male chuckled. "the fuck's so funny?" she sneered at him.
   "i'm sorry, i'm sorry." he continued to laugh, the girl's starting to get annoyed with him. she turned her back on him, and began to walk away. "okay, okay. i'll be serious. what happened."
   "just cassandra being cassandra, okay?" katherine turned to face harry again, slightly tilting her head in annoyance.
   "no, no, no, i want the full story. full detail, come on." kat groaned, her head falling back.
   "fine. but not here, i need rest after that. that shit was exhausting." harry nods, dragging the girl away from the church.