Gone girl

Mr. Stephen claimed Mr. Patrick won the case because of how good his lawyer was at lying, but in reality Aisha beat Mr. Stephen's lawyer with facts and evidence she gathered from the different sources Mr. Patrick had given her.

After the two hour case was closed, Mr. Patrick met Aisha at the entrance at the entrance of the high court.

"Thank you so much, ma'am" Mr. Patrick said cheerfully to Aisha.

Aisha bowed her head a little at Mr. Patrick. "Don't thank me. I'm just doing my job as a lawyer and you should do the same too as a law abiding citizen" She gave Mr. Patrick a light handshake and fled down the stairs. It wasn't like she was in a hurry to go somewhere or she was going anywhere important. She just wasn't comfortable being surrounded by the crowd gathered at the entrance of the court.

Mr. Stephen came out of the court and searched for Aisha. He called her name when he spotted her down the stairs. "Miss. Williams"

Aisha pretended not to hear. She walked fast on her feet with her face forward, hoping that whoever was calling would stop.

"Miss. Williams!" Stephen cried and ran down the stairs to meet Aisha. He chased her until he finally got close to her.

"Miss.Willams"

Aisha turned and stared at Mr. Stephen. She removed her big glasses and put in her bag. "What do you want this time? Haven't you had enough?"

"Whoa! Whoa! Why are you so mean?" Mr. Stephen asked. "I just want to talk"

"About?" Aisha raised her right brow.

Mr. Stephen laughed. "You have a knack for never losing. That's a reputation you should maintain as a lawyer"

Aisha kept a straight face and nodded a little, wondering where Mr. Stephen was getting at.

Mr. Stephen noticed Aisha wasn't interested in talking to him. He decided to end the conversation. "Like your mother always said. Sometimes you lose. Most times you win"

Aisha wasn't surprised that Mr. Stephen knew her mother. After all, they both did the same business. "Hmm, so you know know my mother" She said in a mild tone.

"As a matter of fact, I do. I worked for her" Mr. Stephen replied.

Aisha shaked her finger at Mr. Stephen. "So you're the Stephen Queen who she fired. You're a terrible business man, Mr. Stephen"

Mr. Stephen pretended like he didn't hear what Aisha said. He stretched his hand and offered Aisha a handshake. "I believe we've met before"

"I strongly believe we haven't" Aisha quickly said. Is he trying to shake me? She thought. She didn't want to leave his had hanging so she quickly shaked his hand.

"Yesterday at the bar, my friend paid for your drink or maybe it's because neither me or my friend introduced ourselves to you"

Aisha bite her lips. She wasn't at any bar last night. She remembered Hadeza saying she doesn't drink so it's must have been Khadija he must have met. She didn't want to discuss with Mr. Stephen anymore so as not give out any information about herself or Khadija to him. "I have to go now"

"Please wait" Mr. Stephen cried.

Aisha stared at Mr. Stephen to show how impatient she was.

"A word of advice. Just watch your back on your way home. It's a cold world out there" Mr. Stephen said.

Aisha became very much concerned why Mr. Stephen would say something like that to her. "Are you threatening me?"

"It's just an advice, Williams"