Chapter Twenty-one - Kelley's Dilemma

Mum looked significantly uplifted as she exited the lift on her floor and I was extremely pleased by that. But, I had to repress a groan when Joel got on as Mum got off. Damn.

           "Hello, Ellie!" he greeted enthusiastically in that thick accent of his when he saw me. "Where is your boyfriend?" His words took on a patronising edge and I stifled the urge to come at him with a sarcastic retort. Instead, I opted not to speak. I'd never see him again after we went back home, so I didn't care if I was coming off like I was a complete bitch. He annoyed me. He pressed the button for the roof whilst waiting for me to reply and when I didn't he shrugged, brushing it off. "Want to go out for a drink later? My father owns several well-known clubs in France. We could go to one of them? It is a regular hotspot for celebrities. I have met very many famous people there."

           "No thanks," I said shortly, mentally rolling my eyes at his comments. I wondered if Mr. Conceited was even being in the least bit truthful about all the crap spouting out of his mouth. He could have been a chronic liar, which sounded more plausible than half the things he said.

          He opened his mouth to speak again, but the doors to the lift opened and I quickly darted forward, eager to escape. I came to a halt seeing Drew outside our suite; he had turned when he'd heard my approach and smiled when he saw me.

           "Hey," he greeted. His smile faltered a little when he saw Joel in the lift behind me, but it returned when the doors to the lift closed after a 'see you soon, Ellie' called out from the man himself. "I don't like him."

           "Of course you don't." I rolled my eyes. "Why are you standing out here?" I asked as I came to a standstill beside him.

           "I was looking for my key card." He shoved his hands in his front pockets, his back pockets and the pockets of his jacket, all to no avail.

          I took my own out from my bra and opened the door. "Where did you guys go today?" I asked, curiously.

           "Dad wanted to check out some of the museums here," he told me. "I don't have to ask where you've been." He gestured to my bags. "Here, let me get those." He took them from me and carried them to my room.

           "Thanks," I kissed him on the cheek as he passed and then chuckled softly, noticing his key card on the floor. "You didn't even take it with you. It was on the floor." I picked it up and held it in the air when Drew came back out of my room, minus the shopping bags.

           "Oops." He grinned sheepishly and came to me, wrapping me up in a hug. "I missed you," he murmured against my neck.

           "I missed you too." Weirdly enough, I had. Now that everything had been sorted out between us two days ago, I'd hardly spent time away from him. "Drew...?" I trailed off, giggling a little as his breath tickled my neck when he talked.

            "Yes, Ellie?" He nuzzled my neck.

            "Do you want to make out?" I took the pink tint to his cheeks as a yes.

--

          My phone rang about half an hour later and I sighed as I got up from my comfortable position, sprawled on Drew on the sofa, and headed to my room to get it. I pulled it off charge, not recognising the number.

           "Hey, Ellie!" It was Kelley. "How's France?"

            "So far, it's been amazing."

            "You lucky bitch," she sighed down the phone. "Anyway, I need to talk to you." Her voice sounded hurried. "Mum's pissed at me because – well, it's a long story, but it resulted in me getting my phone confiscated. Can you believe that? I'm eighteen years old and my mum confiscated my phone. Sorry, I'm rambling. I need to be quick; I'm using Conner's phone to call you."