Chapter 3

Amy swore she shitted her pants-well, skirt. Her palms began to sweat something that had always happen to her when she was nervous, and she couldn't seem to move. sitting on top of what Amy had assumed to be his desk seeming to be reading something, was Seth. The man she swore, and prayed she'd never see every again. He didn't seem to notice that Amy had opened his office door, and she took it as the best opportunity to turn around, leave the room, close the door, go home, take off her clothes, get into bed and sleep. But. Of course things were never that easy for Amy. "Who are you?" Amy stopped in her tracks and turned around and it was now Seth who held a dumbfounded face. Amy bit her lip as she walked over to his desk, trying her best to play it cool. "Um, I'm here for the interview. "

        "Um, interviews ended 15 minutes ago, ma'am." Amy looked behind Seth to, surprisingly see Paige. "Oh, my goodness, Amy? I thought you weren't going to show up!" Amy glanced at Seth who was still staring at her dumbfounded.  "I was running a little late, but I swear, I'm never late." Amy mentally smiled at the irony. "I don't know if Mr. Greene is still doing interviews..." Paige looked at Seth who cleared his throat, "Paige can you leave us?" Paige stood up as she grabbed a pile of resumes,  "This is the girl I was talking about Mr. Greene." Paige said before walking out of the room leaving Amy and Seth to stand there in silence. "Why?" Seth asked in a horse voice not looking at Amy. "What?" This time Seth forced his eyes to meet Amy's. "You know what I mean Amy." She felt her hands getting clammy and wiped them on her skirt. "If you're asking me why I left, I'm pretty sure my mom explained it to you." Seth stared down at Amy, and she averted her eyes to the ground unable to stare into his eyes. "As a matter of fact, I did go to your house. When you didn't show up that night, I was worried so I went to your house to check on you. Your mom answered the door and told me you already left. I was confused. I saw you yesterday night, you didn't tell me you were going anywhere." Amy closed her eyes guilty building up in her. "I said where did she go. Your mom looked at me like she was looking at a dead puppy and said, 'she didn't tell you did she.' She said you left to London. Now imagine how I felt....knowing you left." Seth got up from his desk. "At some point I accepted the fact that you weren't in my life anymore-hated it-but I had accepted it. What I never got over is how, you never told me you were leaving. I was mad that you just disappeared like that, and I hated myself for not being able to hate you." Seth cupped Amy's chin as he forced her to look at him. "Yes your mother told me why you left, but I need to hear it from your mouth." Amy placed her hand on his wrist as she pulled it from her face. Seth didn't do anything. He let his hand fall to his side. Amy began to walk away not knowing what to say but Seth grabbed her wrist. "Is that how you solve your problems? Walking away?" She ripped her hand from his and walked out of the office, and this time Seth didn't stop her.

       When Amy got home she took off her clothes lazily, ignoring her roommate and going straight to bed.