Chapter 4 // The Morning After

Lena slowly opened her eyes, she blinked a few times, trying to wipe the fuzzy sleep from her eyes. As she tried to sit up, she felt a weight keep her pinned to her bed, she looked down to see Kara's head on her stomach and her muscular arms lazily wrapped around Lena. She glanced down with a warm smile at her sleeping form. She wished every day was like this, intertwined with her in the morning. Lena glanced at the clock, 7:22 which meant that she had 38 minutes until she had to leave again. It was like that every day, never enough time before one or both of them had to leave.

So Lena slowly slid out of her spot, trying not to wake Kara. As she crawled up, she felt Kara's arms tighten around her core and a soft groan escape her lips. Lena smiled down at her, a small pout on her face as she slipped her pillow into Kara's iron grip. She made her way to their kitchen where she started to prepare breakfast.

Once finished, she quickly ate her meal before walking to their room with a tray. She looked from the doorway at Kara, reflecting on her desires to be with Kara. She stood a minute too long as she watched Kara finally awake. Those magnificent deep blue eyes, completely filled with sleep, stared at her.

"I made you breakfast," Lena offered, gesturing with the tray up. Kara's eyes immediately darted towards the tray and she quickly sat up. Lena chuckled and walked over, putting the tray on Kara's lap before saying, "I am gonna take a quick shower, take all the time you need."

Kara incoherently replied, since her mouth was completely filled with food so Lena chuckled and grabbed some work clothes from her wardrobe and with that she made her way to the shower. She quickly washed up and quickly got dressed. She blows dried her hair and combed it before brushing her teeth. She rushed back out where Kara was still eating, already changed into her clothes from yesterday, the borrowed clothes neatly folded on the edge of her bed.

Lena smiled at Kara as she grabbed her phone from the dresser, "It's 7:50, I'd offer you my shower, but we need to get going. How does lunch sound?"

Kara stood up and grinned "You know we have girls night tonight?"

Lena smiled and nodded "Yes- I know, but seeing you is never too much. And Maggie and Alex will be there so it won't be just you and me, the time I enjoy most."

Kara nodded "Sure, I'd love to have lunch with you."

Lena grinned from ear to ear and walked out of the room. She walked to the wardrobe to get her coat and shoes. When she was done putting them on, she grabbed Kara's coat and handed it to her as she walked back. Just before leaving she grabbed her bag and with that they were off to Catco.

Lena nervously sat in the car, thinking about if she should take a bold step. Suddenly Kara's hand was on hers and she felt a light squeeze, she looked up at Kara who's eyes were their usual comforting and calm demeanour.

"It's okay to be nervous to go back to Catco together. There are already quite some rumours about us at Catco." Kara winked that damn wink again.

Lena was sure, it wasn't her own imagination playing with herself, but Lena wasn't worried about that, no she was worried about taking a big step, not follow her steps. So, when they stood in the elevator Lena took her leap of faith. She kissed Kara on the cheek just before they were upstairs. The bell dinged and the doors opened so Lena quickly made her way out to her office.

When she looked back over her shoulder she saw Kara still standing there, one hand on the cheek she kissed, smiling weirdly. That said enough, she needs to up her game. Be faster, do things better. But she would succeed, that is something she is sure off. She would get what she wanted. Kara will become her lover, her wife, her everything.

~~~~~~~~~

Around her lunch break, Kara arrived, waiting as Lena signed a few papers in Sam's office. They quickly escaped out of the building, discussing their girls night with Sam through text. Lena slipped her phone back into her pocket as they sped walked down the busy streets of National City to an old sandwich shop near L-Corp. As they rushed and wove through the other citizens, Lena reached out next to her, sliding her hand into Kara and holding on as they rushed alongside the foot traffic. As Lena looked up, she realised that Kara didn't even react to their moment together as they continued their trek. Once in the quaint shop, Kara and Lena got their meals and sat down.

"Hey, Kara, if you want more than one feel free. You don't need to push your appetite down. I don't mind," Lena offered, watching as Kara almost inhaled her meal.

Kara nodded, with her mouth still full. A few minutes later, she took Lena's proposition and ordered another one. Lena was content that she had this effect on Kara, to have her trust with just mere words.

When they got back to Catco, Lena gave Kara another peck on the cheek and thanked her for their time together. Just like earlier that day, she got the reaction she wanted out of her colleague. Kara was flabbergasted and stood frozen in her steps. The doors almost closed in front of her, which made Lena chuckle and walk into her office with a content smile on her face. She was going to make this work. She would not fail, well she would never fail since she always got what she wanted. Now she just had to become the most important person in Kara's life.

Edited by: AFY2018