Chapter 7 // Hurt

Lena sat in her office chair at Catco, trying to focus on her current report, but the incident with Kara was still fresh in her mind. It had only been a couple days and Kara was getting better, but because they had been spending so much time together. Lena leaned back in her chair, closing the file in front of her as she grabbed her water glass when suddenly the doors blew open and Kara came storming in. Lena quickly stood up, watching as Kara walked a straight path to her. Her friend clung onto her, making her stutter back into her desk as she wrapped her arms around Kara. She felt her friend's body shake and quiver against her. Lena rubbed her back, mouthing to Eve to lock the door before leading her to couch. Kara took a few breaths, covering her face.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"He's back-" Kara stuttered out. "And he-he's married. I l-lost him then I found him and now I- I have nobody again." She sobbed.

Lena moved away and placed a kiss on Kara's head, "You don't need him to complete you, Kara. You are an independent person who has great friends and family. The same ones who will be at that party tonight. Maybe you think you're alone, but you are so far from that. I can't speak for everybody else but I- I won't go anywhere. Not today, not tomorrow." Kara slowly nodded and wiped her tears away, leaning back over to hug Lena. She buried her face in the crook of Luthor's neck, her lips just barely grazing her pale skin. Kara finally pulled away after a few breaths before changing the subject. After the clock ticked past 5:00, Lena joined Kara to her apartment and helped her prepare for the party.

Once everyone got to the event, Lena decided to spend some time with Winn to talk about the latest in L-Corp tech. The only awkward part of the night was the side eyes from James. He was just being childish. Kara was more qualified than him and everyone who ever met them knew it. Lena avoided his eyes and just talked with the others. At some point, Lena couldn't find Kara and just spent the rest of the party with Winn and Alex.

That night- while Lena was lying in bed thinking about what to do about Morgan Edge and Kara- there was a knock on her front door, she hadn't heard it at first but as it got louder, she quickly got out of bed and opened the door. Kara stood on her doorstep with a bag, wearing her PJ's. She shrugged and walked back to her room with Kara in tow. She didn't ask any questions when Kara joined her in bed or when they ended up intertwined that night.

That morning she woke up to the smell of pancakes. Lena quickly got up and walked to her kitchen where she saw Kara making pancakes. She absolutely wanted sneak up on Kara and hug her from behind, but she had to play it cool, so she walked to the other side of the kitchen island. Kara looked up and smiled, she looked tired but the smile wasn't feigned.

Lena smiled back and asked "Is everything okay now?" Kara nodded and flipped the pancake. Lena walked to a drawer at her kitchen island and opened it. She grabbed the reserve key and walked towards Kara holding it out for her to grab. Kara looked at her in confusion before Lena explained, "You're always welcome here, so whenever you need me, or just a place to sleep, just drop on by." Kara grabs the key and pulls Lena into a hug.

"Thanks," she warmly chuckled next to Lena's ear.

She mutters "Thanks" in Lena's ear and Lena just smiled proudly. And with that they had their breakfast, later that day they went together to Catco. They went to Edge later that day and they even went to one somebody who knew Edge's bank situation, since it was a full on war between him and Lena he needed to be put down, not literally of course. But that didn't end well since they got attacked. But for some miraculous reason he got knocked out by Kara. She even said 'oops' which made Lena almost burst out laughing, luckily for her she didn't otherwise she would have had a problem or two.

She didn't say much, only finishing the call with: "Alright, thank you." She turned towards Lena, "Alex said the laser guy got lawyered up, so he's not talking."