Chapter 12 // The End

Lena sat at her desk at Catco a few days after they let Sam go home. There hadn't been a spotting of Reign, only a few of Purity and Pestilence- who were hiding who knows where. Lena groaned when she heard another yell from Snapper. She stood up and meandered to his office again. Even before their tests on Sam, the last couple of weeks had been a pain in the ass with him and Kara, and she just had had enough. She heard another yell before she entered it.

"Snapper, you and I need to talk," she commanded him. The cub reporter who was in his office almost ran out- clearly intimidated by his superiors. "Next time I hear you yelling from my office I am going to make sure your next office is a toilet, understood?" Snapper quickly nodded. she spun on her heels and left, watching his now timid- and annoyed- reflection from a black computer screen.

A few minutes after she was back in her office, Kara came in with a bag full of food. Lena glanced at the clock on her computer, surprised that it was already noon. Lena stood up with a smile and walked to her, pressing a passionate kiss against her lips. Kara, taken back, let the bag in her hand fall. But it didn't take too long for Kara to react back and take the kiss to the next level. By letting her tongue glide over the bottom of Lena's lip. With a quiet moan, Lena had enough self control to suppress it, Lena opens her mouth their tongues collide. In a battle of dominance, but Lena's air ran out so she stepped away from Kara and gasped for air.

Kara chuckled and lead her girlfriend to the couch, with the now picked up food in her hand. Lena sat down and finally started to calm down. When she finally calmed down and was thinking about Kara it slipped out "I love you," Kara stopped with putting the food on the table and looked at Lena, wide-eyed. Lena quickly started to talk and nervously fumble with her hands "I- I am sorry, I shouldn't have said that- I- Sor-" Her words got cut off by those pink lips on hers.

The kiss is only chaste but the feelings felt by it are overwhelming. But absolutely great, so when they part again Lena has this stupid grin on her face. Kara spoke up "To make it clear, I love you too. I- I thought we needed to wait a bit with it- but I have never felt this for anybody."Lena nodded and kissed Kara again, who now sat beside her.

Minutes later, when they were finally finished making out, they started eating. Lena thought about all the things she was going to do for Kara, fueled by every drop of love she had for her, and she would do anything and everything to keep her girlfriend safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours passed and Lena was on her way home, without Kara who left early. It was quite strange since Lena and Kara don't have secrets anymore but this felt like a secret. So with an awful feeling, Lena sat in the back of her car, looking at her phone in hopes of a message from Kara, but nothing. Not a single message since Kara left to do god knows what.

The car stopped to a halt and her driver got out, walking around to open her door. Lena stepped out to the front of her building and made her way to the elevator. One eye-scan later she was inside the elevator, still looking for texts. She nervously sent Kara a text. The bell rang and the doors opened, just when she was about to send the message she saw Kara in a dress in front of her with a bright smile on her face.

Lena looked surprised as Kara held out her hand, which Lena gracefully took. Kara started walking to the dining room. The table was covered with gorgeous food she knew Kara did not male. When Lena read the text on some of the covers she gasped.

"Kara, did-did you go to France?"

Kara was in the middle of offering Lena her chair and hummed in response. Lena sat down and waited for her girlfriend to get to her spot. "So, for starters i got an appetizer called 'soupe à l'oignon.' And our main dish is beef bourguignon and ratatouille, something I always wanted to try. Um... and then our desert's belgian waffles with, of course, a bon marché tub of ice cream."