The Final Piece

Vio pov.

I finally get myself up and start to look for the exit. But that proves to be difficult. There's no paths in the lost woods. Just random clearings, and it's not like it likes to stay consistent either. So I just have to blindly walk around never finding an edge. I'm so tired but if I rest I have to start this all over again.

Pretty soon the white light appears again, but behind it shows an opening leading out of the Dark woods. If I go around wide enough I'll be lost again. And I don't know how far they are apart to begin with. Just that they seem far to close together for it to make a difference.

I have to run straight past it, and get to the opening. I take three deep breathes preparing myself for the pain. I finally do it, feeling it pulling me to it. I jump away when I get to close to it, crying out in pain. I whimper but don't stop getting to the opening and going through. Going into the new environment.

I find myself in the small field just a little bit away from our house. The field Green and I held our attempts to bring back Shadow. This is Green's place. I need to find his boomerang. I start going around seeing nothing but the grass. Until I look to the center where there's a hole that never existed and a box. The white portal starting to appear.

Looking down in my hand I find my old knife. The one I used to cut myself with each day. The one I planned to kill myself with. The knife that Green took away from me.

It all makes sense now, each of the items represent what they gave me

Red gave me the will to defend others
Blue the will to fight
Shadow the will to be myself
Green...
The will to live

I drop the knife into the hole making the chest open, giving me Green's boomerang...

As it goes in, the world starts to fade away into another.