oh felix

Felix had decided to take a walk around the park to let his mind wander. The day brought a nice breeze that cooled him off from the sweltering heat.

Gay. Am I gay? Did I like the feeling of kissing Calvin? Am I going to fall in love? Is he going to find out I'm a vampire? How will he react to that? Will I be able to handle it? Will he throw me out like those Chinese leftovers?

Felix continued pacing around, nervous as hell.

It's almost the end of the week. I need one ounce of blood, and it can't be my own. No, no, Felix, focus! Calvin. Okay. Calvin. I think I might be gay for him.

Back at the apartment, Calvin was heating up some hot pockets for lunch. His stomach had gotten better, but a piercing headache was still ground into his temples.

Sighing, he flopped onto the couch and closed his eyes. I wonder when Felix is going to come back. I wonder what he's going to say. I hope he feels the same way as I do.

As he turned his body over, he had a thought that made his heart sink.

We only have three months, give or take.

The microwave beeped, interrupting his thoughts.

"Nevermind."

***

It was 7:30 PM, and Felix had made up his mind: he wanted to be with Calvin, no matter what. Unfortunately, he had to tell him that he was a vampire, however; he knew that if Calvin really wanted him back, he would accept him and find a way to work around it.

He wasn't ready to confess just yet, though. He wanted to think of something creative; a special way of spilling his heart out.

Before any of this happened, though, he just wanted to spend some more time with himself. Truly let everything sink in. American parties were good for letting yourself loose.

Quickly pulling out his phone, he sent a quick text message to Calvin saying that he'd be at a local house party, and that if he needed him, he shouldn't be afraid to come by. He felt bad for making Calvin wait so long in anticipation, but then again, this was something that needed a lot of thought.