1

"Renjun!"

The ten year old boy waved enthusiastically at his best friend. He was on his tip toes. Right hand swaying in the air and other hand gripping onto the hand rail.

"Did you get the DVDs!?"

He shouted from the fourth floor to his friend in front of their apartment.

"Yeah, I got them!"

Renjun shouted back, raising the bag of DVDs above his head as proof. The two boys were smiling and grinning at each other, unaware of the dangers of the world.

"Jeno, be careful. It rained last night!"

Jeno's mother warned him from the living room, worry lacing her voice but made no move to stop her son.

"Don't worry mom, I'm-"

The scream of Jeno's mother sore through the calm neighborhood. Renjun stood stunned as the blood splashed onto his white new shoes and his clothes. His eyes were wide as his bag dropped onto the ground. He took in the sight of his best friend, laying lifelessly on the ground. Crimson fluids seeping through the crack of his head.

He couldn't move a limb as the only thing he could see was Jeno's body sprawled on the ground, his pale skin stained with red. Renjun started to breathe faster, his heart beating extremely fast for a ten year old.

He felt numb. His hands becoming cold and sweaty. He shouldn't have come. If he didn't, jeno would be fine. He would be fine.

It was his fault.