How did you name your dog?

I took the pack of cigarettes out of my pocket and took one of them out. I smoked only light cigarettes, ones which didn’t make me cough sound like I was a dinosaur. I put it between my lips and lid it up. Walking down the street to my house with a bag full of medicine seemed strange. The guy who went to ‘talk business’ was now laying in my bed with a high fever. I wasn’t the kind of person who would get sick a lot, but I always knew what kind of medicine to take.

As I entered my residence I threw the cigarette bun in the snow and exhaled the smoke from my lungs before I opened the door. I left Captain to guard the jerk while I find something to cure his sickness. Walking inside I saw him wrapped in my blanket, with a hot cup of cocoa. I told him that I left some in the microwave for him.

You could see the brown color peaking from the roots of his hair. His tired and sleepy eyes were looking down to the floor. He looked so sad, just because he couldn’t go to his precious studio. But I was happy, even if it sounded evil. He was getting enough sleep which was making me less worried for him.

-          I got the medicine. – I said while taking off my boots and putting the away.

-          Oh thank god you are here. – He moved his eyes from the floor and onto me.

-          Why what’s happening? – My tone changed right away.

-          Nothing much, I was lonely. – He giggled.

-          Ahh you! – I ran to him and hit his cheek playfully. – You scared me!

Suddenly the blanket fell on the ground. The cup was already on the counter behind him. His hands were holding my cheeks and his lips were pressed against mine. They were warm, since the cocoa was hot. I ran my fingertips thru his messy hair and pulled myself closer to his warm body. After a minute or so of us making out I realized that he was, sick.

-          Aya! – I broke off the kiss and backed up.

-          What? – He said and his confused eyes looked right at me.

-          You are sick! You are gonna get me sick!

-          Oh gosh – he put his arm on his lips – I am so sorry, I forgot!

I smirked without him seeing and grabbed the plastic bag filled with medicine. I had to make him some warm tea and give him the pills which would help the temperature to drop. I caught him with the corner of my eye, taking the blanket from the ground and wrapping it around him again. He came from behind and sat down on the table, waiting.

-          So do you feel better or? – I said turning and walking towards him.

-          Well – I feel so and so.

-          So and so?

-          Well I am better from yesterday, but I still feel pain in my head, and my temperature is killing me.

I put the warm cup between his hands and smashed my lips on his forehead. Since little my mother used to check my body temperature like that. He was burning. I took the little box of pills out of the plastic bag and popped out two pills in his hand.

-          Here, drink these.

-          I don’t like taking pills. – he said and looked at me.

-          They will help your temperature to go down, please take them.

He didn’t say anything and put them inside his mouth, followed by a sip of tea. A warm smile appeared on his face and his eyes sparkled.

How could I fall for this idiot?

After a second or two of silence he raised his eyebrows and his eyes widen.

-          Little shit! – He nearly screamed.

-          What? Did you just call me little shit?! – I raised my voice.

-          No! Gosh no! That’s my dog! I totally forgot about him!

-          You called your dog little shit?

-          No time to explain! Will you please go check how he is?

Sigh.  Did I have a choice? I got up and took my coat, going to the door to put my boots on again.

-          Wait! – He said and ran back to the bedroom. – Here here! – He said and threw the keys at me. – If you want you can take him back here, he is a nice puppy. I bet Captain will like him.

Captain raised one ear after he heard his name being called out. I smiled letting him know that I will do it and went out.

It took me an hour to reach the building he was living in. I got up on his floor and put the key in the keyhole. I opened the door and heard little paws running towards the door. His puppy stopped ones he saw me. His eyes were filled with disappointment. I wasn’t his buddy after all.

-          Aw come here little – little cutie! I will take you back to your owner! – I smiled and took out the leash from my pocket.

The cutie didn’t do anything. He let me put the leash on his collar and walked after me. I locked the door to his apartment and walked back home. Ones I was in front of the door I called him to let him know, so he can catch Captain. He might be happy to see the little puppy, but he may attack him, who knows.

-          Close Captain in the bedroom and come open the door for us.

-          Sure. – He said and hang up.

After a minute I heard his footsteps getting closer as he opened the door. The puppy threw itself in his owner’s arms and I got fast inside, closing the door behind me.

-          Aww Little shit! I am so sorry! I’ve been such a bad daddy to you!

-          Oh you don’t even know. – I mumbled under my nose after hearing him call him that again.

I sipped some of Captain’s food in his bow and called the cutie to eat. I could hear my dog whimp from the bedroom and went to open the door. He jumped on me and licked my face, but shortly after that moved his eyes to the rather smaller dog, eating from his bow. He jumped to there and smelled the stranger.

Shortly after they were running after each other, barking and playing. Jiho went to bed and I followed him when the clock hit 11pm. I got in the bed and snuggled into him, resting my head on his chest. He wrapped one of his hands around me. I wrapped mine around his waist and fell asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.