Chapter 7 - Falling For Her

The annoying sound of my alarm awakens me as I rise from my bed, looking and feeling like literal death.

After my morning routine I drive myself to Hell- I mean school, and sit down in class. I soon remember that the annoying boy band kid sits next to me when a shadow of a boy rests on the table. A familiar voice speaks. "Hey."

Great. Now he's talking to me.

"Hi..." I say a bit awkwardly, honestly
wondering why he's talking to me after he was being such a prick to me yesterday.

"So Fovvs invited you to eat lunch with us, am I right?"

Fovvs? I try to recall if I've ever heard that name before. Is that another one of his friends or something?
"...Fovvs?"

"Oh right. That's his nickname. You know him as Andy." Well now I feel a bit dumb.
"Ohhh, Andy. The ocean-eyed blondie?"

"I guess you could refer to him as that." He chuckles at how I described him.

I blush ever so slightly. "Yeah, he invited me to sit with you guys today at lunch if that's okay. I won't if you don't want me to. I don't want to get in the way or anything haha..."

"No, no it's fine. I was just asking for confirmation."

I was about to respond to him when the teacher walked in.
"Everyone take out your notebook and a pencil!"
Sounds like class is starting.

— — — — — —
When class is over everyone gets up and leaves the classroom. Rye hesitantly looks at me and says, "Bye." right before he leaves.

"Bye Rye." I say as I leave as well.

Welp, lunch is going to be awkward. Actually sitting with people instead of sitting alone in the corner of the lunchroom is going to feel weird. I'm going to be sooo awkward. Oops, too much thinking. I don't wanna be late for second period!
— — — — — — —
The bell rings and I walk out of my third period class. I make my way to lunch and start feeling my heart beat faster. What if they were just joking around with me? And when I sit with them they'll laugh at me and I'll feel like a stupid idiot! I'll be the laughingstock of the school! What if they start making fun of me and bully me? What if-

I feel my body slam into a larger figure and we fall to the ground. "I-I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to- I wasn't paying attention! I'm so-"

I struggle to stand up and see the figure sitting down on the floor. Wait... blonde hair. "Andy?"

"A-Ashley?"

"Oh my god Andy I'm so sorry!" I say as I try to help him up.

"Hey, hey, it's alright." He starts as he stands up, looking down at my smaller figure. "Don't be sorry, it was my fault too." He smiles which somehow makes me smile too.

Andy's POV

I was walking, thinking about how Ashley was going to sit with us today when I bump into something and I feel my back hit the floor. I quietly groan and hear a young females voice start speaking frantically. Wait... I recognize that voice. "A-Ashley?"

"Oh my god Andy I'm so sorry!"

She said Andy... I mean, everyone refers to me as Andy but when she says it, I feel something...

After we stand up and I assure her that it's okay, I smile at her. She smiles back at me. Her smile, so precious. Her face, so cute. Her bod- wait... I'm not falling for her... am I? No, no I'm not. How could I possibly like her? I don't even know her! Either way it's stupid. We can't date so even if I somehow did like her, it wouldn't matter.

The lunch bell rings. We hurry to the lunchroom and enter. I see Ashley slowly start to shy away from me.

"Ashley!" She looks back at me. "You can come sit with us." I point to my table where the other boys are making jokes and laughing up a storm.
I notice that she starts to look anxious.

"They won't bite. And if they do, I'll bite them back for you." I grin.