fan chengcheng

"hey. is that you, fan chengcheng?" you said as a boy wearing tracksuit passed by. the said boy stopped in his tracks and looked back.

"zhu y/n?" he said. you smiled.

"yup! i haven't seen you in a while? what's up?" you asked.

you were classmates in london back then and seeing him in china made you surprised.

"the last time we talked, you said you were in new york."

"do you wanna grab something as we talk? there's a coffee shop nearby."

"i'm actually going there. i'm meeting up with my brother."

you two walked quietly to the coffee shop. he looked to you and asked something.

"the usual?" he asked.

you laughed. "you know i can't drink caffeine, pan chongchong."

"stop calling me that. i'll be back."

he ordered a hot chocolate and plain muffin for you and a mocha and blueberry muffin for himself.

"so, what happened after new york?" you asked.

"been a whirlwind. everything there is too open for me. like everything is liberated." he then sighed.

"so, you returned here in mainland after those?"

"yup! i became a trainee here. i am promoting in two groups now."

"what? did i really became dumb abroad?"

he laughed. "you never opened your weibo account right?

you nodded. "well, in my defense, no one uses it in our school. everyone uses facebook."

"that makes sense. how about you?" he asked.

you laughed. "well, i am now a trainee, too. i got recruited to my brother's company actually."

"where?"

your phone started ringing. "excuse me chengcheng. my brother's calling."

"it's fine." you smiled at him.

"hello, ge? yes! i'm here at the cafe you said. me? i'm with a friend. remember that guy i told you before when i was in new york? i haven't told you his name? oh, you're at the door? i'll wave my hand. bye." you ended the call.

"my gege is here already. is it fine if he shares table with us?" you asked him.

he nodded. "how can i not agree? i just invited you suddenly?"

you waved your hand when you saw your brother. he smiled and approached you.

"it's unfair. my gege is more beautiful than me," you said and pouted.

"you're beautiful too, y/n."

"hey! stop flirting with my mei- chengcheng?" your brother said.

"zhengting-ge?" chengcheng said.

you looked confused. "you guys knew each other?"