8: Interrogation

"My name as a dragon? Well, I always liked the name Sapphira, but I guess that's a bit clichéd. And it doesn't really fit me anyway. Lately I've been thinking a bit more along the lines of Ezette. Simple, yet me."

"I'm glad you're not one of those 'Oooo, SparkleFluff!' girls. They are annoying."

"Tell me about it."

"Hmmm... Next," he glanced at his paper, "who is the most irritating person you know?"

"Would you kill me if I said you? Well, a week ago I would've said you..."

"And now?"

"Now I guess I'm not so sure anymore." I smiled at him. Boy, did I totally misjudge this book by his cover.

"Well then, can you answer this one? Who is the awesomest person you know?"

"Awesomest is not a word."

"You're avoiding the question."

"Am not!"

"You just did it again."

"Oh come on!"

"Just answer. It's not that hard."

"Well, I guess if I had to be completely honest, I'd probably have to say..." I acted as if in deep thought. "ME!"

"Hey, not fair!"

"Hay is for horses, my friend."

"Oh, so I'm your friend now, am I?"

I blushed.

"I guess."

He looked smug.

"Well, since we're friends, I guess that means I have to share this with you." He pulled out a giant bar of creamy white chocolate.

I gasped and dove for it. He quickly snatched it away, making my hand come down on his knee instead.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk! Friends share, Ez."

I glared at him.

"How did you know? That this is my favorite, that is?"

"Lucky guess." He shrugged.

"Sure."

He unwrapped the chocolate bar ever so slowly, purposely torturing me. I barely noticed that my hand still rested on his knee. He broke two pieces off and handed one to me. We both placed them in our mouths at the same time, letting them melt into heavenly goodness. It was silent as we worked our way down through the first couple of rows.

"Thank you." I spoke.

"For what?"

"For everything."

"Oh, you mean you like it when I sneak you off in the middle of the night? I thought you wanted me to wait twelve hours." He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, shall we continue with your interrogation, Miss Erstwhyl?

"Whatever you say, Master Parsard."

"Now, what is your preferred form of evacuation from the top story of a building; paraglider or squirrel suit?"

***

I tiptoed up the stairs at one o'clock the next morning. Time had flown by out on the blanket under the giant oak. We probably would've still been out there if Toby hadn't noticed my stifled yawns and insisted on getting me home. He told me to wave from my window once I was set. I went into my room and walked over to the still-open window. Parting the curtains, I waved down at where he stood in the middle of my garden. He flashed me an okay sign before turning towards home.

I shut my window and climbed into bed with my clothes still on. I'd come up with some excuse in the morning...

***

A/N- What's your favorite kind of chocolate? Mine is white Lindt Lindor. Yummmmm...