chapter seven

Kidd's POV:
I woke up the next morning laying on the couch. There was a blanket placed on me and my leg was propped up perfectly. "Well, good morning," Severide said from the kitchen. "Thanks," I said. "No problem, do you want any eggs?" he asked. "Sure," I answered.

He brought the food to me and than sat down on the couch with his plate. "Hey, so the house missed you so I invited them over tonight for some drinks and pizza, is that alright?" he asked. "Sounds like an excuse to drink beer," I said jokingly. "But yes, it's fine," I say smiling. "Good," he says giving me a kiss.

I was putting some light makeup on and brushed through my hair when I heard a knock at the door. "It's open," I hear Severide call out. I heard the door open and a familiar voice fills the room. I quickly finished my hair and walked out into the living room with my crutches. "There she is!" Casey says and gives me a side hug. "How are you?" he asks. "Great when i'll be able to walk again," I say. "Hey don't worry, you'll be able to in two weeks," Severide says. "Not soon enough," I say under my breath. Suddenly there was another knock on the door. This time three people walked in. Brett, followed by Cruz and Otis placed beer on the counter. All three of them made their way to us and joined in our conversation.

Eventually everyone showed up. The guys were in the living room watching the hockey game with their beer. Us girls were in Severide's room chatting. "Okay Brett, I need to ask you. What's the deal with you and Casey?" I asked her. "See, I told you I'm not crazy!" Foster said. "There's nothing. Just some feelings I didn't know I had. But I'm happy with Kyle and don't want anything else," she said. "That was beautiful, but I still want you to jump him," Foster said. "Personally I like you and the Chaplin together. It's still weird for me to see Casey with anyone other than Gabby," I say. "Yeah," Brett said.

"Hey ladies, come join us out here," Herrmann called. The three of us came out into the living room and Severide walked over to me and put his arm around my shoulder. "For those of you who don't know, we're back together," I say. The room filled with cheers and clapping. "Why didn't you tell me?" Brett said giving me a hug. "Why didn't you tell me about Casey?" I whispered. "Fair," she whispered back. "Okay, okay. You two, I have been waiting for this moment. But more importantly Kidd, I know you're going to recover well, and be back to the house in no time. It's getting really lonely without you there and also I need you to come back home. Annabelle wants her hair braided again," Herrmann said. I laughed at his speech. "To Kidd," Casey said holding up his beer, everyone followed.

Everyone started clearing out. Severide, Casey, and I sat on the couch and watched hockey for a while. But, once Casey left, we turned on a movie. "What do you say about going to the lake in a few weeks?" he asks halfway through the movie. "I think it sounds great," I say. I sat with my head resting on his shoulder for the rest of the movie.

a/n: so i'm not 100% where in the show this would take place. i'm guessing where it is currently because i decided to add the casey/brett storyline and her engagement, so just assume it's somewhere around there. also sorry this was a little bit short, i intended this chapter to be about something else but i'm waiting to do it so this was kind of a filler. -honey