Hero Café | chapter 1

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I DO I DO I DO I DO I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"Y/N, TURN THAT SHIT OFF! WE'RE OPENING SOON!"

"Chill m'dude. It's not like anyone's gonna turn up anyway. HELPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-"

Twenty minutes later, your music rights have been taken away.

Gentle lo-fi songs play over the loudspeakers of the empty café. You're slumped across the counter filled to the brim with tasty-looking treats, sulking. Your thot of a brother got pissed and now you have double the amount of shifts and half the amount of breaks, even though it's opening day and nobody is going to turn up. You can just tell. Which means you're going to be stuck here with your brother and his friends for the next five hours. Great, especially since none of them are going to be leaving the break room until closing time. Why does your brother have such shitty friends? You have no clue. It's just one of the many mysteries of the modern world.

Anyway.

You're seriously contemplating yoinking one of the Danish pastries and ditching this place when the chime of the bell and the chattering of voices tell you that someone's just opened the door. You straighten up and pretend to know what you're doing.

"-new owner and it's finally open! W-We should at least check it out, I mean."

Please do, I want money.

The first kid to enter has a mop of curly green hair and matching eyes, with freckles that you instantly fall in love with dusted across his cheeks. A bright, somewhat sheepish, smile is on his face as he leads two others inside. One is tall and bulky, with wideset shoulders and glasses pushed right up his nose, his posture stiff, whilst the other is a much shorter girl who you have the overwhelming urge to hug. Her face is flushed and her eyes are big and round and the colour of chocolate. Make that two hugs.

You take a deep breath in and prepare yourself to ruin their day.

"Hi, welcome to Chili's."